Bulat?

I understand that ROSarms can and does produce pieces in bulat/wootz, at least on a custom basis. It's discussed very little on the website however.

How does one go about ordering such a piece? Is it limited to some or all of the standard models, or can custom pieces be ordered in bulat? Are there any pictures available? Is there a published pricing schedule, or is that determined at the time of ordering?

Not that I'm having any problems with 110x18M (it's one of the very few stainless alloys that I like), but I'm a carbon steel kind of guy at heart, you know? ;)

Bulat available only for custom knives. Custom knives are not stock items and have to be ordered. Usualy it take 3-4 month to make it and ship it to US. We use to buy Bulat from other blacksmith in Zlatoust, but now we are making our own bulat. I think samples will be available at Blade Show. Almost any knife from our line can be ordered with bulat blade. Price is - $50 for 1 inch of a blade.

Thanks for the info, Kancler. I'll factor that in to my plans.

Who would be a good point of contact for starting the ordering process?

Dave I can also help you get the ball rolling since we already have a working relationship....whatever works the best for you we will work with you to get what you want

Back