Bulk 9X11 Abrasives?

What's a good place to buy quality 9X11 sheets at least 50 at a time? I'm looking for 220, 400, 600. I've been buying the finer grits from TruGrit but they don't list anything under 1200.

What would be really great is if I could combine an order for some precision ground O1... (I'd like to avoid the supply houses if possible, as they're pretty pricey. I don't buy basics from them too often.)

Any help greatly appreciated!

discount abrasives is a good guy.

Also call Supergrit for a catalog. A huge variety and they take credit cards. 800-822-4003.

I shouldn't say this cause they'll run out, but they have 50grit Norton Zirconia for $3.00. They didn't list the brand, but when they arrived I got Nortons.

They also have a sale page. I got 100 9x11 sheets of 800 for $10.

Steve

Hi Dave!

Hands-down the best place I've found to order precision ground O1 is a place recommended to me on this forum.

http://www.toolanddie.com

Once there, click on ground flat stock....then you can go to Timken Latrobe (onsize).

For example- 5/32" X 1-1/4" X 36" O1 is $15, and if you order 2 or more, it's only $14.60

That's cheaper than MSC or Travers or ??? on their SALE PRICES!

Very friendly and fast service.

As far as abrasives. I've bought from all of those other places, and I've ended up being VERY HAPPY with MIRKA abrasives that I buy at the local auto paint supply shop. It's a little more expensive than those other places, but MUCH MUCH better paper. I buy the 9X11 Latex Waterproof sheets. You will like it if you try it.

And I wouldn't recommend buying more than a 50 sheet pack, but 25 is actually a good start. Abrasives have a shelf-life, and if you buy 100 sheets the chances are the adhesive will start to break down before you use it all.

Just my $0.02 :D

Good luck Dave!
Nick

I get my 9x11s up to 600 grit (50 sheets-$7.00) from Barbkat on Ebay. Anything above that I get in 3M from Supergrit - though I am thinking of just getting everything in 3M - nice paper

Nick mentioned toolanddie for 01...though I have an account with MSC I buy my 01 and A2 from them. As was stated, it is cheaper than anyone's -even the sale prices. They also stock D2. Good stuff and fast shipping.

Bob

Thanks for all the input guys. I couldn't agree more about Tool and Die. I probably won't buy steel from anyone else, unless I could save a bunch of money by combining an order of abrasives. I'll have to check that when I do get some.

Nick, I'm going to try to track the Mirka down. I don't know of any autobody supply places here but maybe I can get one of the shops to point me in the right direction.

Thanks again everyone, this is good help.

Back