Burnishing Machines

Redmeadow Knives

John Conner / lessismore
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Does anyone have any experience with burnishing machines? It seems there are a few on the market.

I try to buy once cry once so I'm leaning towards the Cobra MP Burnisher from the Leather Machine Company.

As I get into more leather projects I realize how much time I spend burnishing and see one as a good investment. I'd be interested to hear everyone's opinions on the matter.

Horsewright

Yes and don't look back. When I picked up my Cobra 4 they had a burnisher set up right next to it. Should of bought and just tossed it in the back of the truck with the 4. As a knife maker I got grinders of course so I do keep dedicated leather sanding belts and I use a lathe with a block of rosewood turned with different size grooves for different projects.

Robber58

I have used and own some of the lesser ones and, although they can be made to work, the Cobra is far better in all respects. I agree with Dave. If you believe you need a burnisher, that is probably the best on the market by far.
Randy

Redmeadow Knives

John Conner / lessismore
Thanks guys, I've heard the smaller ones are hit or miss and can have some chatter. Knowing how much of a battleship my Cobra 4 is I don't think I can go wrong with their burnisher.

Is the stand that it comes with stable or is it better mounted elsewhere?

duramax

Thanks guys, I've heard the smaller ones are hit or miss and can have some chatter. Knowing how much of a battleship my Cobra 4 is I don't think I can go wrong with their burnisher.

Is the stand that it comes with stable or is it better mounted elsewhere?
Ok now since Iโ€™m in the same boat lol. Iโ€™ll expect a full review after you purchase first ๐Ÿ˜œ๐Ÿ˜œ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜

The cobra machines are soooo well built I canโ€™t see the burnisher being different. It has to be really nice. But I need my cobra 20 first ๐Ÿ˜

Redmeadow Knives

John Conner / lessismore
Ok now since Iโ€™m in the same boat lol. Iโ€™ll expect a full review after you purchase first ๐Ÿ˜œ๐Ÿ˜œ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜

The cobra machines are soooo well built I canโ€™t see the burnisher being different. It has to be really nice. But I need my cobra 20 first ๐Ÿ˜
I'll be your Guinea pig ๐Ÿ˜ It won't be until late fall probably but I'll be sure post up a video.

Horsewright

Yep its solid.