Bush Brute

Discussion in 'Good Knife Co.' started by bikerector, Mar 18, 2021.

1. bikerector

bikerector KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Nov 16, 2016
    I'm excited to get some new work underway for 2021 and 1st up is the bush brute. The bigger brother to Bushcamp, the bush brute has a longer and broader blade with a slightly longer handle, both to help with heavier chores. The brute will excel around the camping environment while remaining durable enough to handle wood processing and shelter building tasks . The high point makes it a pleasure for push cutting feathers sticks or cutting on a flat surface like a cutting board, picnic table, or log. The convex grind does a great job moving wood around and slicing up your favorite meats and potatoes for your meal over a campfire. The handle is neutral so it can accommodate plenty of hand positions.

For this run, we're a thicker blade stock of 5/32" so it's even brutier.

We just sent an order into Jarod Todd for 5 blanks to be cut and heat treated so if you want a special order handle, let me know. The knives will be finished by @David Mary for me.

Prices on these will be right around $185 for your common G10 colors and a little more for liners or other handle materials. They will include a black kydex or boltaron sheath unless specified otherwise in advance.

Blade Steel AEB-L Stainless Steel
    Hardness 61 RC
    Heat Treated by Jarod Todd Heat Treating
    Blade Grind High convex
    Blade Thickness 5/32”
    Blade Length 6.0”
    Blade Width 1.5”
    Handle Material G10
    Handle Length 5.0”
    Overall Length 11.0”

We tentatively expect these to be available in late May or early June.

I need some better stock images but this is the best I have for now of the prototype. I have large-size hands for reference.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Apocryphiliac, Twoody and 19-3ben like this.
  2. bikerector

bikerector KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Nov 16, 2016
    We sent the prototypes of these to Kevin Cleary and Jake at Canadian Cutting edge. It includes my bushcamp, bush brute, and a concept knife, the bushete, so you will get all 3 in the videos.

Apocryphiliac and David Mary like this.
  3. David Mary

David Mary Moderator Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jul 23, 2015
    I'm very excited to make more Bush Brutes for The Good Knife Co. The first knife was a delight to make; kudos to Chad on an excellent design that screams "use me!". And since making these prototypes, processes and equipment in my shop have been refined in order to bring greater precision in the final product. This is a small run, so if you're looking for a beast of a slicer and medium chopper for the woods, get with Chad (@bikerector)soon, because based on the comments and messages received after Kevin's review, these will all be claimed quick - if they're not already. Don't forget they can be customized to handle and thermoform sheath materials of your choice. Chad's your guy to talk to.

4. Monofletch

Monofletch Basic Member Basic Member

Jan 14, 2010
    The Brute is one of my favorite camp knives. It is big enough to handle anything you throw at it ..... and still a great slicer!!

2AC66113-A2D5-47A1-B8F2-53520D81DB81.jpeg

Last edited: Mar 18, 2021
  5. Apocryphiliac

Apocryphiliac Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 18, 2017
    These all look really excellent! Grinds are looking perfect from what I can see here. I'ma definitely need one of everything once I get my money sorted. :)

bikerector likes this.
  6. bikerector

Nov 16, 2016
    I'll hold you to that sir! Lol.

Hope you and the fam are doing well.

Apocryphiliac likes this.