Bushcraft knife - new for 2013

Daniel Koster

www.kosterknives.com
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Here are a few pictures of my Bushcraft knife.

The design has been updated for 2013. I'll try and list the changes as I think about them. But for now, enjoy some pics!!

http://kosterknives.com/knives/bushcraft
To place an order go here ==> http://kosterknives.com/orders

Bushcraft121012-03a.jpg

BushcraftFlatNCMDualCarry010413.jpg

BushcraftFlatNCMDualCarry010413-2.jpg

BushcraftIronwoodPouch010413.jpg

BushcraftOrangeG10-010413-4.jpg

BushcraftCocoboloJRE010413.jpg

BushcraftFlatGCM010413-3.jpg

Bushcraft121012-03a.jpg

Thanks for looking!!

Dan
KosterKnives.com

Daniel,you craft awesome knives !:)
I have a bushcraft and MUCK.Those are my favourite field knives which can rely on.

Daniel Koster

www.kosterknives.com
Glad to hear it, phoenixcatapult!

Beautiful. Now I have no excuse not to buy. I am very happy to see the jimping moved up beyond the thumb rest area. To be honest, that was the one thing I didn't like about the previous models (and I think this was mentioned by Talfuchre in his review).

Question: I can't tell from the angle of the pics, but has the handle and palm swell changed at all? You mentioned this in your responses to Talfuchre.

Last edited:

Daniel Koster

www.kosterknives.com
Yes - the handle has more palm swell to it and the front profile has changed. It's less "pointy" and there is a small hardly noticeable radius at the top and bottom of the handle fronts, getting rid of a sharp edge that always bothered me and made finishing difficult.

Dan

Daniel,

Been eyeballing the bushcraft for some time (gorgeous blade) and super interested in ordering one for my next knife. I see the JRE leather sheath listed and the other listed as pouch by Butch Hagedorn. Not sure I know what the differnce is. Is the sheath the same with a pouch added to it or are they both made made by separate sources? I must be missing an image somewhere to show them side by side.

Thanks,
Dustin

Well done, Daniel!
The profile seems a little slimmer to my eye, but still sexy.
Waiting for the Muck and next will be this beauty.

Daniel Koster

www.kosterknives.com
Dman3d - the pouch is just a regular pouch sheath - I don't have any in stock right now, so I can't take a side-by-side. They are made-to-order.

Dan