Bushcrafter jr.

Not mine anymore, but I really like this Curly Ash BC jr.
dfd2f227ec975e03e01d2894ec111a37.jpg

fc84a174d63601c4b0d2286d8512cd5f.jpg

What hook knife is that on the right. I got a mora, but it's not quite what I want since it's sharpened on both sides.

Thanks Phillip that helps! I can read specs all day but until I see them in the same shot or in person I can never wrap my mind around the size.

What hook knife is that on the right. I got a mora, but it's not quite what I want since it's sharpened on both sides.
That is a Deepwoods spoon carver, yes I like that is only sharp on one side, that way I can push on it.

Last edited:
My BC Jr seems to have the same handle length as my HB with a similar rounded end, but a little more width in the handle and blade, drop point instead of a spear point, and about 1/4" longer. Here's an in hand shot, and the only comp pic I could find.

PS: If you zoom in you'll notice a spider on the Camp knife blade, it was purely accidental and I didn't even notice it when I was taking the pic. :D

Last edited:
That's got to be the best looking BC Jr I've seen! That blackwood is beautiful Sergio. :thumbup:

That's got to be the best looking BC Jr I've seen! That blackwood is beautiful Sergio. :thumbup:

Thanks bud. Although I've gradually shifted towards synthetics for sheer durability, deep down, I am still a sucker for beautiful wood scales.

How many of you have used the Bushcrafter Jr?

I recently picked mine up and love the feel! Perfect size for s small knife!!

View attachment 631033

View attachment 631034

View attachment 631035

Excellent! The BC Jr is the wide blade iteration of a length ratio that I use a lot. The Hiking Buddy, Bushboot, Handyman, BC Jr, Bushnub, Bearcub, F2, Tobogan, Wasp, Shank, EDC, Rebel, Wingman, Patch Knife, and the Bushraptor all have 3.25" blade and 4" handle. Though, the blade is a half inch longer on the Bushraptor. I think for a small knife its an ideal size. Its a critical knife length in the lineup. The other part of my lineup that is as well rounded is the 4" blade 4.5" handle sized knives. I make a bunch of those too.

For me the BC Jr. is about right for a belt knife. It could be pocket carried in cargo pants, but probably not well in jeans or formal wear.

The biggest knife for formalwear I think would be the Esquire. After that, the Runt sized knives would be suitable. The Esquire is a sweetie for this.

Still can't figure out the sand paper mouse pad trick I keep jacking it up lol

Resident assistant thread jacker

Don't use a mousepad. Its too easy to push too hard and round and dull your edge. Use leather. Glue a 2" wide strip of leather to a plywood backer. Buy actual 2x72" belts and clamp them tightly to the leather. ALWAYS mark the edge with a sharpie. I still do this. Its so easy to have your angle wrong one day and be removing steel from the wrong area. WITNESS a burr. We use a magnifying glass w a light and witness a burr at each grit. This is critical. Refine the edge at least once, but regardless of how polished you like your edge you must re-estabolish a witnessed burr at each grit. Finally, strop the burr away. You can test this by running the edge down your fingernail (at your own risk, be careful when doing this). A bur will be easily felt this way. Once you're done remove any sharpie leftover w acetone. Be careful, thats a sharp knife now.

Your sharpie mark tells you not only about angle, but pressure. Too much pressure is the convex edge killer. This is true all the way to strop. RE-apply sharpie at each grit until you are very comfortable doing this.

If you dig back you can likely find a thread where we show our sharpening setup. I'll ask Phillip about pics.

My BC Jr seems to have the same handle length as my HB with a similar rounded end, but a little more width in the handle and blade, drop point instead of a spear point, and about 1/4" longer. Here's an in hand shot, and the only comp pic I could find.

PS: If you zoom in you'll notice a spider on the Camp knife blade, it was purely accidental and I didn't even notice it when I was taking the pic. :D

The spider is awesome!

The biggest knife for formalwear I think would be the Esquire. After that, the Runt sized knives would be suitable. The Esquire is a sweetie for this.

A commando Esquire would be my perfect formal wear fixed blade. A commando Minnow or PK would probably work as well, but I just love the Esquire's lines.

Yes. The Esquire is sexy. That was a focus of the design. That and I wanted to design a knife that was tricky to make. Scored on both fronts.

oooohhh yes!!! .. a Commando Esquire in some shadetree please!!

Sexy indeed Andy!!

oooohhh yes!!! .. a Commando Esquire in some shadetree please!!

Oh yes! One of those would live in my pocket. :thumbup:

I was stoked to snag the commando Warthog last Friday. I'm a fan of commando!

Very nice Abe. That wood almost looks right black, and those blue liners really pop!

Back