Bushcrafter Run Signup

Fiddleback

Knifemaker
Well, I enjoyed doing the Woodsman run, and now that I am full time I want to do several more runs. They'll be small runs of 10 participants max. This time you will get your choice from a selection of handle materials I have good stock of. I don't take money up front, but please don't sign up if you're not serious about taking the knife.

Here are the handle choices. I have Natural Canvas Micarta, Black Canvas Micarta, and Red Linen Micarta. For wood, I have Cocobolo, Wenge, Osage, Curly Hickory, Bocote, and Paduk in plenty, and will limit the exterior wood choices to those. For underlay, I have Natural Canvas Micarta, Black Canvas Micarta, Maple, Hickory, Paduk, East Indian Rosewood, and Osage. You can pick and choose from this list.

My knives are 01 steel with a full height convex grind and I use at least one Corby Bolt (ss) on the handle. I start with 5/32 thick 01 stock.

The price is $160 shipped for this knife. A JRE sheath will be made available for purchase, or, you can choose to have Tal make you a sheath. You will have to negotiate a price with him at that time. As a LAST resort, I will make you a sheath for $75 minimum.

This thread is the signup for the run of Bushcrafters. Please detail your handle choices in your post.

1. kev65658 - Curly Hickory over EIRW - Red liner - Bullseye - TF Sheath - Thanks Kev!
2. Orrey - Hickory over Osage with Red Liners - Thanks Orrey!
3. Idroptapul - Hickory over ? - Thanks ID!
4. Irishguy - Paduk over Osage Red Liner. Thanks IG!!
5. Blackmor - Paduk over Osage Red liner - Thanks BM!
6. Jwilliams - Black micarta, no underlay, no liner - Bullseye - JRE Sheath - Thanks J!
7. gottahavit27 - Stabalized Curly Maple over EIRW, red liner - Bullseye - Sheath???? Thanks gotta!
8. Watersculptor - Nat canvas. Two corby's

Last edited:
just curious, what is the expected delivery date of these? Been dying to snag of these!

just curious, what is the expected delivery date of these? Been dying to snag of these!

I don't know. I am going to order the steel after Blade Show. I am full time now, so I don't expect this to take long.

Me me me, I want one. I have been wanting one of these for quite some time. Now the hard part, the handle choice...What would Curly Hickory and Osage look like? I prefer lighter color handles.

Also will you be putting liners on these? Colors?

Sorry Orrey, totaly missed answering your question. I think there is enough difference between Osage and Hickory to make a pretty handle. And as the Osage ages it'll get golden brownish and look really good.

Andy,

Those bushcrafters look great. I'll take one with hickory and whatever other wood/liners you think compliments it.

Ok, I would like the Hickory and Osage with Red liners, please.

On a side note, I have been using the Bow Legged here and have gotten a few comment about how good it looks and its quality. I absolutely love it.

Just to be clear, you want curly Hickory on the outside and Osage inside with a red liner.

can I get in on this?
I like the curly maple on top of blackwood.
Ryan.....

Last edited:
Welcome to BF, BTW!! What a way to use your first post! You can get in on this, but I don't have any blackwood. I do have East Indian Rosewood, which is almost black.

This pic is curly Maple over East Indian Rosewood.

twca02-vi.jpg

is it too late to change my mind on the handle, because that Paduk over Osage is calling my name.?

Ryan.....

I want one Andy...

Black Micarta, no underlay, no liners. One of your bulseye lanyard tubes, and one corby.

Ill want a JRE with it as well......

Back