Bushfinger vs Kephart

Well, nice thread. I sincerely hope operation Package Grab n Hide goes well. And of course I'm hoping you love both knives. Show us some use pics.

You chose a couple of foundation models to start your collection. My advice on choosing Fiddlebacks is to pick a size category (you chose knives from the 4" blade 4.5"handle category. I call these full sized bushcrafting knives.) There are lots of models, including the Kephart with that same size factor. Then focus on the point/belly. What are you going to do, how much point do you need and how much belly. Then look at the handle and pick something you think will fit your hand best. There is a lot of variatiuon in that size factor. Then throw that all out, pick a sexy knife that makes you want to get out and cut stuff, and go get dirty.

Thanks for info I tend to perfer knives in that 3.75” to 4.5” inch range those just seem to be a good overall size for most task. I spend most days (some nights LOL) outdoors as I’m a Forest Ranger plus do Wildland Firefighting and guide hunters for a outfitter when I get a chance.

Trust me my knives get used it’s a edc work tool for me. That said I don’t abuse them on purpose and take care of all my gear. I was taught if you treat and maintain your gear well it will be there when you need it most.

I told my wife already two knives were in the mail she just laughed at me and said guess what?

“I saw you had saved a couple knives in your DLT cart so ordered one for your Birthday”

I have a awesome wife it’s been 20+ great years. I’m spoiled if something ever happens to her I’m becoming a hermit and living in a cabin in the forest. I seriously I doubt I’ll be as lucky second time around.

Anyone have a Reaper model I haven’t seen a lot of feedback on that one here. I’ve always had a love for Wharncliffe style blades excellent slicers, box cutters and just pointy suckers.

The ones I’ve owned the tip almost seems to grasp and cut anything that gets close to it. I know this from personal experience being on the receiving end of my ZT wharncliffe style folder a few times :(

Back