BushMaster Knife Orders - by Daniel Koster

Daniel Koster

www.kosterknives.com
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Here's a pic of what it looks like:

bushmaster110209-03.jpg

And here are the first set of blade blanks all cut out ready to grind.

These are going out for heat-treat as soon as I'm done with the grinds. :thumbup:

BushMaster-Blade-Blanks.jpg

There is only one small change between the prior model and this one - the thumbgrooves are farther forward to allow more comfort in detail work. Other than that, everything else is the same. Blade length, thickness, grind type, handle length, etc.

Pic:

BushMasterThumbgrooves.jpg

If you would like to be on the list, you can place an order here: http://kosterknives.com/orders

More info on the BushMaster - including specs, pics and sheaths - can be found here: http://kosterknives.com/knives/bushmaster

Updates posted here: http://kosterknives.com/BushMaster.htm

Thanks for your interest in Koster Knives!

Dan

Last edited:
SWEET! Cant wait to get mine .. Hopefully I made this production of them! :thumbup:

Either way, I shall enjoy watching them be built

Indeed!

I've got a bunch going out for heat-treat. Fingers crossed it will move quickly. :thumbup:

Dan

double-post

Last edited:
Peter's Heat Treat in PA.

Fantastic service. Each blade is individually tested for hardness. Unparalleled customer service too!

Dan

Heat-treat is the most central part of knifemaking. A bad heat-treat or slight oopsie in the hardening process can literally ruin the entire knife. Handle failures can be repaired/fixed. Heat-treat failures can only be replaced with a whole new knife. That should be the standard by which all knives are measured - quality of heat-treat. I did my research and have spent hours on the phone with Peter's to talk to them about their process, etc. I am very satisfied with how they do things and if I felt there was anyone else better I would go there instead. I used to send my stuff to "another big-name heat-treat company" and don't anymore. I won't go into details in public, but you guys can put 2 and 2 together. ;)

Dan

Heat-treat is the most central part of knifemaking. A bad heat-treat or slight oopsie in the hardening process can literally ruin the entire knife. Handle failures can be repaired/fixed. Heat-treat failures can only be replaced with a whole new knife. That should be the standard by which all knives are measured - quality of heat-treat. I did my research and have spent hours on the phone with Peter's to talk to them about their process, etc. I am very satisfied with how they do things and if I felt there was anyone else better I would go there instead. I used to send my stuff to "another big-name heat-treat company" and don't anymore. I won't go into details in public, but you guys can put 2 and 2 together. ;)

Dan

I could not agree with you more Dan ... It sounds like I am going to have one amazing knife, and if so you sir will have a customer for life. Of course, I am going to put this knife through its paces first and if I don't have to use the amazing warranty on this knife, then my friends will be coming this way as well! :thumbup::thumbup:

Any updates. How's the current batch going? The first of the list was going to be done before the end of the month. Still on schedule, Dan?

nope. Way behind unfortunately. Still getting them ready for heat-treat. Had to take some time for the Bushcraft folder prototype. I'll keep it updated here. Thanks for the reminder.

Dan

One more thing... would you be willing to use 3/8" scales rather than 1/4" scales? Personally, I don't care if a knife is handle heavy.

The delay is going to make me very sad and someone else very happy. I needed the knife for use on an upcoming through-hike. I am going to have to cancel my order and go to plan B. Can you please take me off the list and process the refund via PayPal? Thanks. I understand the reason for the delay but I don't have the additional time.

alfred - yes, I can use thicker scales if you want - shoot me an email.
Jonskiles - email sent.

Back