Busse at the Blade Show

contender

Just got back from the Blade Show and have to say that the new Zero Tolerance (what a great name:)!) series is fantastic !! They are all done in satin (BM, SH and NO) and are but 3/16 inch thick (INFI of course). They also have an extra grind towards the point that makes them look like variants and allows them to even further stand out.

The thinner blades makes them lighter and faster by far. They feel like different knives from their thicker bretheren. And the initial price for the set is a steal - so much so it permits making these gorgeous knives USERS without feeling bad about having spent too much money.

Frankly, I think Jerry and the gang are crazy for selling them at such a low price! I predict they won't last long. Additionally, the Satin Jack (particularly in satin - the zero tolerance version) was a hit. What a sweet piece. It is the only ZT knife at .25 inch thickness and also available in only very limited quantities.

Anyway, enough gushing. Needless to say I ordered one of each (plus a Paul's hatchet and a Mr. Mojo). Just wish I had taken some pics to post. Heck with the pics, I flew to Atlanta and therefore asked the Busse guys to ship mine to me - now I wish I had flown 'em back !!

[This message has been edited by contender (edited 06-10-2001).]

Stuart - I believe all the pricing is going to be announced shortly on bussecombat.com but suffice it to say that it is significantly less expensive than the regular BM, SH and NO when purchased as a set.

Hi Contender,

Thanks for the update on the ZT models & pricing. Sounds like very hot deals that will move out quickly.

But I'm confused about the thicknesses of the ZT blades. If 1/4" (.25) is the normal thickness of INFI blades on the BM, SH, NO, & BA per the Busse website and the ZT blades are .25" thick as mentioned, they wouldn't be thinner than the regular E models would they? Or are they a different thickness than .25"?
confused.gif
The LMS has proven that INFI in thinner stock is still bombproof. But if the ZT blades are actually thinner, that will make them bite deeper when chopping & offer less resistance when slicing due to the thinner profile. Which is certainly a very good thing.

Thanks again for the info,
Greg

MY ERROR GUYS - THE THICKNESS OF THE NEW BLADES IN THE ZERO TOLERANCE SERIES IS 3/16" NOT 1/4" !! (I have now corrected it in my first post).

THE NEW SERIES IS THE SAME THICKNESS AS THE LEAN MEANS - ADDRESSING CONCERNS SEVERAL OF YOU MENTIONED IN THE LAST POST by Marion David Poff!

THESE KNIVES ARE REAL SWEET!! SORRY FOR THE CONFUSION.

Sounds like they give a "sizable" discount break for the set otherwise it will at the "regular" price.

Hi Guys, You will be amazed at the price on the Zero Tolerances,(& in 3/16 INFI, Yes!!) And unless something has changed in the last few days, they are priced individually or by the set at a fantastic price. Call Jerry when he gets back to find out how good.

Doug.

biggrin.gif

What are the blade lengths?
Please tell me there's something similar to a straight BA in 3/16".

Back