Busse Basic warranty

Guys --

I've finally narrowed down my knife purchase. It's between the Busse basic number 5 and a not-to-be-mentioned brand. What is the warranty on the Busse Basics? The asnwer to this question will sway finalize my decision. Thanks in advance.

"Busse Combat Knives are guaranteed against any and ALL MAJOR DAMAGE FOR LIFE"

That is a quote from my warrantee card.
If you break it it will be replaced period.
Later, Jeff

Go for the Busse! If you can break it, they'll fix/replace it. Simple.

------------------
"Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heav'n"
John Milton
There are only two types of people; those who understand this, and those who think they do.

I have always been confused as to why car tires are so tough and rubber knife handles so wimpy. It comes down to cost I suppose. Tires are good for up to 80,000 miles and most rubber handles are only good until exposed to extreme cold, extreme heat, petroleum distillates, DEET (insect repellant), sun light, and a host of other chemicals or exposures that rubber tires face everyday. Resiprene C is like wrapping a radial tire around your knife tang. We have kept it soft enough that it will be comfortable and yet durable enough to handle all of the above exposures.

We are, to my knowledge, the only manufacturer who puts a lifetime warranty on a rubber handle. We do not preface our guarantee with the word “limited” nor do we have a “defect in materials or workmanship” clause in our warranty. I believe this clause is not only confusing but misleading. It allows anyone to say their warranty is for life. Imagine if they put that in wedding vows? “I’ll love you forever. . . unless I change my mind!” “Defect in materials or workmanship” translates to “up to the manufacturer’s discretion”. We leave warranty issues up to your discretion.

Thanks for your inquiry.

Jerry Busse

Jerry --

Thank you for the personal response. I already ordered the Busse Basic #5 about an hour after I posted my question about your warranty. Andy asnwered very quickly. Your brochure didn't clarify the extent of your lifetime warranty.

Back