Busse Battle Mistress Ergo 2, with a different shape?

I got this one a while ago with one of the grab bag.

The shape of the blade doesn't seem to follow the specs on the official sale thread

It's not rounded close to the tip.

Also this is the sheath that BB did for me (knife still fit nicely);

UnzCliL.jpg

this is the knife that I have

so, what is the name of that blade shape and is it a custom run of the bme2 or else?

Some of them ( BME2’s ) had the long “ clip point “. They were showing up in some of the grab bags last year.

Nice by the way!

Nice one.
I got this one a while ago with one of the grab bag.

The shape of the blade doesn't seem to follow the specs on the official sale thread

It's not rounded close to the tip.

Also this is the sheath that BB did for me (knife still fit nicely);

UnzCliL.jpg

this is the knife that I have

so, what is the name of that blade shape and is it a custom run of the bme2 or else?
I think I like your variation better than the original.

Some of them ( BME2’s ) had the long “ clip point “. They were showing up in some of the grab bags last year.

Nice by the way!

so that is the name of the shape, thanks :)

I like the shape of it and so far i never used it, look too nice to be used, for now :cool:

If I could choose between the two, I’d go for the version you got , for sure.

Heres some I had- top one (muddy/red) is the standard run, bottom one (green) is the long clip grab bag variant

sB7D6ne.jpg

WMxTYNo.jpg

Any chance anyone has or can weigh these? It looks like the long clip could be noticeably lighter.

Also, please check the point of balance on both.

I like the looks of that long clip as well. Probably better at general knife tasks at the expense of some chopping power.

^I was thinking the same. The clip point variant has nice lines and might be a bit more nimble, but the standard version is probably a little better for chopping.

Well, everyone knows that real Busses don't balance there. That is surely a fake.

1lb 6.5oz

balance
73U2HZi.jpg

My standard one just weighed in at 1lb, 6.3 oz and the balance point is about the same.

The micarta should weigh less than g10, but they're reportedly thicker than the g10 on this run. Looks like it's all largely a wash. Maybe the clip point variants have slightly thicker stock? Iirc, mine mic'd ~.23" thick. As usual, I doubt you can go wrong either way. :thumbsup:

Fresh off a 'beatin:

118lrao.jpg

Back