1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

"Busse Big Five"

Discussion in 'Busse Combat Knives' started by Kenneth F Huls, Sep 10, 2019.

1. Kenneth F Huls

Kenneth F Huls Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 11, 2012
    :thumbsup: HaHa! you are killing' me, Cobalt!

Cobalt likes this.
  2. Kenneth F Huls

Jul 11, 2012
    I think you and Cobalt have a bit in common!

gorshi likes this.
  3. erto

erto

Jun 26, 2015
    FFBM
    NMFSH
    HOFSH
    ASH1
    HOGB8

Kenneth F Huls likes this.
  4. nydude

nydude Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 10, 2009
    my list is of top five classic lines is very close to the OP:

Battle Mistresses
    Natural Outlaws
    Steel Hearts
    Jacks
    Streets

Kenneth F Huls and tuica like this.
  5. Kenneth F Huls

Jul 11, 2012
    nydude, that is a solid list and I get the change of the Badger for the Jack. TOTALLY in the spirit of the question and original post and one can definitely go either way. Jacks and Badgers are kinda like NO's and SH's - very similar in spirt and function. Kinda the same niche, but a different flavor of an answer. Heck, if it were a Busse Big Six, I woulda probably gone there, myself, with both like I did NO's and SH's in my Five! :thumbsup::)

nydude likes this.
  6. SpyderPhreak

SpyderPhreak Rocketman for hire Platinum Member

Apr 13, 2004
    5? 5??? :rolleyes: lol...

IMG_2019.jpg

IMG_2942.jpg

IMG_4325.jpg

Steven65, Someonejo, DJC72 and 5 others like this.
  7. nydude

nydude Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 10, 2009
    Ha! Always something right! They're all great. Not sure why I never got into Badgers. I bet if I picked up a beater BTAC I'll be posting about how great it is after a couple months. As for the original post, if it was top six I probably would have added Geminis, which is a slightly younger design but has definitely become iconic.

8. Kenneth F Huls

Jul 11, 2012
    I completely agree that TG's are now iconic and emblematic of Busse sharp things despite their not having the patina of the ages. HOWEVER, even with a Big 6, or Big 7 . . . or even a Big 20, I would never include the TG's. I just don't like them!! I have now revealed myself to be affected in my categorization of classic/iconic Busses by my personal taste; whereas my original idea of the Big Five was allegedly not based on my liking them so much as their being timeless model lines with long histories that fill every knife based need. I guess it just so happened that I love the model lines selected "objectively!" :D

(I understand why others love the TG. Mostly for me it is the double talon guard/quillon that I simply cannot abide. I used to like them, but really hate them now. The blade profile is just dandy. Hmmm. I do have me a nice grinder :rolleyes: . . . .)

9. lex2006

lex2006 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 20, 2014
    For Zombies I would take these
    [​IMG]

Someonejo, luethge and Kenneth F Huls like this.
  10. Kenneth F Huls

Jul 11, 2012
    And that would work! Perhaps we should start an "Ultimate Zombie Apocalypse Kit" thread?! o_O

A little different that my original intention, but it is all really and truly good! :thumbsup: :)

11. Will York

Will York Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jan 21, 2000
    [​IMG]
    Super nice collection of Antique Bronze and a very effective range of blades to cover any task. I’m envious!:cool::cool::cool:

Congrats & Well Done!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: