Busse Blade Grades????

I have just come upon a chance to buy a Busse Combat Grade Battle Mistress. i am by no means an informed consumer when it comes to Busse knives. What are the different grades. What is the difference in them. Which is a better buy? Which performs better if there is a difference in performance at all? If there is a grade that is the better buy... why is it the better buy? Just trying to get some informed opinions on a topic I know very little about. Thanks Ya'll.

------------------
If I'm goin down, I'm takin you all with me!

What is the difference between the INFI and the modified INFI in the basic line? I'm led to believe that the basic line is not as indestructible. Is this the case?
Also, is INFI at all rust resistant and what sort of precautions need to be taken in that regard?
Thanks

If I'm not mistaken MINFI is actually stronger per square inch than INFI. Though the knives made of INFI are tougher. I believe when put to a punture test the standard INFI blades pierced thicker steel than the MINFI. Though the MINFI blades could support more weight. Once again I may have my facts backwards. In a reply from Jerry I think he said that INFI is really rust resistant and only needs mild oiling if kept in a wet environment (ie streams, lakes, or salt water areas) for extended periods of time. I hope this helped. But I would seek the advice of a more experienced Busse fan as I have yet to get ahold of my Busse knife, or even ask Jerry himself.

------------------
If I'm goin down, I'm takin you all with me!

Back