Busse Bowies?

Might it be possible that Busse consider making "combat bowies?" Perhaps modifying the current line with more traditionally shaped bowie style blades (you know cliped points, flase edges, ect)?

The original Battle Mistress sported a bowie shape, with a clip grind.

Variants often adopt a Bowie shape, but as a model in the standard line, the drop point is the standard due to the increased tip strength.

Check out Variant HQ to see some Busse Bowies from days gone by...

------------------
Andy Prisco, Manager
Sharper Instinct, LLC
Phone: 1-201-493-2469
Orders-Toll Free: 1-877-557-5200
Fax: 1-201-493-2039
Visa/Mastercard Accepted

Authorized Dealers:
Busse Combat Knives
Big East Bows
Jersey Rigg Lures

Professional Svcs:
Corporate Training
Stress Mgmt.
Shooting Instruction

Busse Combat Custom Variant HeadQuarters
http://www.sharperinstinct.com/hq

Sharper Instinct Main Website
http://www.sharperinstinct.com/

I would also have interest in a large clip point bowie by Busse Combat, and I've seen a few Variants like THIS ONE and THIS ONE that look extremely nice...

Add another item to the list of projects we'd like to see coming out of the Busse Combat Kife Company.
wink.gif

Let's see, there's the Badger E's, the Lean Mean Streets, the BOLO project, the Apache thrower, the folder, the tomahawk, then perhaps the narrow bladed hunter, the clip point bowie, the...

biggrin.gif

Here's another variant that's particularly near and dear to my heart, and which sports some minor Bowie-esque qualities
smile.gif
:

View

------------------
Semper Fi

-Bill

Wulf--
That second link you posted now resides in the border country of South Texas, and you're right--it is a honey.

The balance of this big knife is awesome. It is the first knife I've wielded that could truly be used for field dressing a deer or serious chopping, without giving up any significant advantage at either. The carburized finish is almost eerie--as if color case hardened over much of the blade surface, with a deep rose glow across the belly region on both sides of the blade.

This is one very special Bowie. Thanks for giving me an excuse to rave about it.

--Will

Bronco, you know better than to show off that knife in front of me. You know I wanted it too.
Yes Busse has changed their design a bit and it has come away from the traditional Bowie design but the Basic #9 is about as classic bowie as ya get. And it is as Busse tough as the rest of them. Check it out. If you like classic design the Basic #9 will please your eyes as well as your need to destroy those evil trees who everyday come a little closer to ruling the world. We must stop them ya'll. They're getting smarter.

The new variants I saw shipped into the New York show had different styles of tips and grinds. I have two clip point Steel Heart variants that I love and could be considered a bowie type. "The Melvin Project" is closer to the "bolo" or the "jungle" style. It is a natural born chopper. I had to leave New York before Craig sold it. My new Natural Outlaw has the drop point. I plan on using it for my walking stick hunting when I dig, pry at limbs & tree roots. The tip strength will be useful.

I am of the opinion that if folks hang tight long enough Jerry will produce something you have always dreamed about. This was re-enforced when I saw and handled the new variants. They were real sweet.

You also have to remember that Andy's phone(s) ring every 30 seconds and that demand is high.

Back