Busse Combat Carving!

Mr. Prisco said to share carving stories, so here's a couple. Not really stories I guess, more like testimonials. At my first dinner today (lunchtime) my 65 year old grandma had started carving the turkey when I arrived. She was getting frustrated with her kitchen knives because they wouldn't cut through the turkey cleanly. I told her to hold her cutting so I could get something better. Well, I retrieved my SH-E from the car, and introduced it to my grandma. I swear I've never seen my grandma get so excited over something so simple. She talked the whole rest of the day about my SH-E and how it "just cleaved that bird" to put it in her own words.
Second dinner was actually in the evening, where my *85* year old great grandmother was preparing the turkey. Believe it or not, my 85 year old grandmother was able to handle the SH-E with no problem whatsoever, even though the knife she had been using probably weighed about 1/2 as much. A quote from her "this is the sharpest knife I think I've ever seen!"
The bottom line is, if it can impress a couple of old ladies, it's gotta be a Busse!

Sara cooked a nice turkey, then asked if I wanted to carve it. (Of course, Keith found it easier to just tear off a drumstick.) She thought it looked funny to do it with the Steelheart II, so I just let her take over, and she did great.

The Busse looks thick and clunky next to kitchen knives, maybe a little out of place (not a lot -- my kitchen knives include a 30 year old Buck General that was broken by throwing then welded at the tang and reassmbled -- and an even older bone handled curved Case XX hunting/skinning knife) but despite its size, the Busse slices very well. I think the low friction black coating helps, and it's sharper than anything else in the kitchen right now.

Hope you all had a good Thanksgiving, and ate well.
smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Lane Dexter (edited 11-24-2000).]

Back