Busse Folder?

Hi guys,

I read somewhere that a Busse folder is in the works. What gives? ANybody know anything?
Also, a small question. I keep seeing references to the Battle Mistress but 1SKS does not list this knife per se, they just have model numbers in increasing sizes according to the length. Is the Battle Mistress the 9 inch model or is it something else. Where the heck do you buy one of these?

Thanks,

Peter Atwood

1. The folder: it's in the works, it'll be nuclear tough, I want one real bad;

2. The BattleMistress: What you are probably seeing is the Basic line. The 9" basic is not the same as the BM. For one thing, the Basics are made of "Modified Infi" which has a slightly different composition.
[edited for typos]

3. For all things Busse, your first stop probably should be Andy Prisco.

[This message has been edited by HJK (edited 11-27-2000).]

Great! I'm really glad to hear that the folder is happening. It sounds like an amazing material that is going into these knives and I'll be wanting one too. ANy clue as to the cost? I'm thinking maybe $200-400 but maybe someone else knows better. The regular Busses seem fairly pricey.

Even though the material is so outrageous I'm much more interested in folders right now. But who knows, tastes can change.

Peter Atwood

Hi,
Go to www.sharperinstinct.com Andy Prisco will give you all you need. Busse makes three different kinds of knives Variants, Combat line, Basic Line. The Variants are the same as the Combat line but they have slight design differences and are usually more decorative. They cost the most too but are the most collectable. They are also fewer in number. The Combat line is the one that sells out on a regular basis. the Battle Mistress is around 350.00 but it's a hell of a knife. In the Combat line you have the Battle Mistress with a 9.5 inch blade, The Steel Heart II 7.5 inch, Natural Outlaw 6" blade, the new Badger Attack with a 4.5" blade. All .25" thick and made of INFI. IN the Basic line you have the 9,7,5, and 3 and the number represents their blade length. All around great knives. The are made of modified INFI and the difference between the two as far as strength and edge retention is marginal I hear. But the INFI is stronger than the modified version. They all have a lifetime warranty. And will live up to it. Buy one... you won't regret it.

------------------
First impressions are usually the scale by which we are judged unless we make our second with something sharp and pointy.
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/albumList?u=879893&Auth=false

Hey, fountainman! I'm your neighbor in nearby Montague. It's nice to see some people from western mass on the boards.

The specifics on the folder have not been released as of yet. I am sure however that once they do have working prototypes available for a show that we will readily have pictures and specifications posted, no doubt thanks to Andy Prisco.

-Cliff

We are all eagerly awaiting the folder. I've joked with muzzleup that, being a Busse, it would weigh 2½ lbs. and be suitable for use as a truck jack, but I'm only joking (I think).
biggrin.gif

In any case, we're sure it will be strong. And I am definitely a user, not a collector. I've already found that my SHII will chop small trees, cut rope, and do surprisingly well at slicing bread and turkey. I look forward to the Busse folder. I'm sure it will put to shame my Lakota Li'l Hawk, and even the Buck Strider.
smile.gif

Lane,
You should have been around at the beginning of the year when the project was first announced. There was talk of small block Chevy engines being used for blade fold motors.
smile.gif

Supposedly the folder will be making its triumphant debut at the SHOT Show, so one way or another we should be seeing something in the next month or two.

------------------
Semper Fi

-Bill

Glad to see more "user" not "collector" mentalities out there Lane. Nothing bad meant to collectors though.

Like the rest of the "Nuclear Tough Fan Club" I am likewise eager to get my hands on the the Mark 1 Mod 0 Busse folder. I am certain it will live up to its Busse Heritage!

"Out"

Ryu: Thanks for explaining the Busse line to me in plain english and in a way that I could readily understand. I have being toying with the idea of getting into Busse but don't see what they offer compared to the One Piece Range Chris reeves knives I have. It's one of those things where I guess I would like to try something new and Busse seems to get good posts.

What's with the "E" designation? Is that the bent down "E"rgonomic handle or is it for something else. Is the sheath with the Basic 9 decent?

[This message has been edited by Nimrod (edited 12-02-2000).]

[This message has been edited by Nimrod (edited 12-03-2000).]

Back