Busse Folder

Ok guys, it's obvious that it's gonna be a while longer before we see a folder. Jerry may not even have it completely designed yet. So I thought for fun we could make a sort of wish list of features we would like to see on this folder. To keep it orderly so that Jerry might actually read this post and take some of the suggestions to heart we need to make an organized format so post like I post and any extra comments put at the bottom.

Example... these are my wants for the folder

1. Blade Steel- INFI of course
2. Blade Length- 4" cutting edge
3. Choil?- Absolutely
4. Handle- Titanium liners with a special canvas micarta scales. (maybe OD Green with bead blast blade)
5. Edge Grind- I think V grind on something used as often as a folder
6. Point- I like a good spear
7. Thickness- definately .25"
8. Pocket clip- I like them (especially Titanium)
9. Lanyard hole- I like them at the bottom of handle with pocket clip
10. Lock- I think Jerry has something special planned there.
11. Thumb stud- A tritium stud would ROCK!

not trying to tell Jerry his business the folder ultimately will turn out how he likes it. Just thought this would be fun and let Jerry know what things we like in a folder just incase it makes his job easier.

Black krinkle coat blade. Possibly a 4" blade and and a 3.5"/3.75" blade. Serrations as an option, like on the flying tiger (on the tip) not the cutting edge. Sharpened top false edge.

GregB

Jerry, I still have that .45.........:)

Gotta have a real nice skull crusher on it for the new year.
Thats what we could call it.Busse Skull:cool:

Ryu :

4. Handle- Titanium liners with a special canvas micarta scales. (maybe OD Green with bead blast blade)

There is only one way to go on a serious use folder and that is an integral handle. Any other method just wastes the strength of the blade as the handle can be too easily bent or just popped apart under moderate lateral strain. Do you want the Busse folder to end up looking like this :

http://www.physics.mun.ca/~sstamp/images/vision_pryed.jpg

5. Edge Grind- I think V grind on something used as often as a folder

Ideally I would want a dual convex taper, the user could easily put a secondary flat grind on the edge the first time they sharpened it if they wanted.

7. Thickness- definately .25"

Even 3/16" is pretty heavy for a blade of that length, especially if you don't have a taper. I would not turn down a 1/4" blade though.

-Cliff

1.flat grind to the spine
2.crinkle coat
3.3/16 or 1/4 thick at conection with a taper to the point like the mojo
4.frame lock like the other companies cool folder model, rymes with influensa :barf:
5.quilted marcita scales would be cool
6.Make a D/A model later to take the rest of the money we do not have after christmas :mad:
7.Almost forgot a cool cross draw kydex sheath made by this guy I know:D

Hmm, lets see...

-4" blade absolutely..

-Any Blade design

-Any edge geometry, althought I would love to have the asym. edge

-Canvas micarta would be great, either black or OD

-NO INTEGRAL LOCK !!! :) I admit it, I like strong well designed liner locks more than integral locks.

-Would love to have the crinkle coat finish (it has greatdurability), but satin would be fine too..

-I like the skull crusher idea, man I wonder if Jerry could work that into the handle design, that would be so cool :)

-Full disassembly/cleaning by user in the field.

- Don't know about the rest of y'all but I'm hoping for 1/4" INFI blade

CLIFF, May I take this time to say that what you do to knives is wronger than two boys kissin.

As far as the handle design I'm sure Jerry will make it outta old tank plating.

And I think Jerry has something special planned for the lock. His own design or something. Suposed to be the strongest lock ever made. I just hope the knife doesn't need a key to open and close it. LOL.

My 0.02$ :)

1) Steel - Obviously INFI
2) Lock - Integral (I like Axis better but that's not an option)
3) Spear or clip point, I'm fine with either, just no tantos pls.
4) .25 IMHO too much for a 4"folder, 3/16 or something thinner.
5) A Tritium stud seems like to be a good idea :)
6) Length - 4-5 inches.

When a new gun prototype is introduced to the firearms press, you see a photo or two, and an overview. You can bet on a 3-4 month wait for a production sample to be sent to the gunzines for a review. Within 6-8 months you can usually buy the thing, if you desire one.

How long's it been since we were teased with the idea of the Nuclear Folder? :rolleyes: How many of you have a deposit accruing interest in the account of Busse Combat, rather than in your own? :eek: Has anyone other than a select handful of dealers been able to at least view a PHOTO of a prototype? :mad:

Why has this project been so hush-hush for so long? Is there any light on the horizon, or has the sun only begun to set? :confused:

Wait a minute, maybe I'm behind the times. I thought all this talk of a Busse folder was just gathering ideas for way down the road. Has making a folder actually been made a possible consideration by Busse already?

Oh yeah. jerry is gonna make one the question is just when. Rumor has it that he has a prototype that he won't show anyone. But that's just a rumor.

Most ideas here are great! I do think the blade needs to stay at 4 inches or even a little less so it could be carried legal and you wouldn't have to worrie about it when you go somewhere.

Cliff, what is that folder in the link above and what were you prying with it?

When a Busse Folder is created it with be nuclear necessity for all of us...BUT...UNTIL...that glorious day ck out Severtech...It is an awesome piece of work that can stand up to any test!!!www.severtech.com

Heck DN, if you weren't so busy scouring the globe for Battle Mistresses you might have noticed:p

I hate that prototype jive that's going around. I especially hate the thought of jacking up a Hummer with one and the lock holding:cool:

Nothing like a single malt coated nuclearumor:D

Hey, wait just a second!! :) My tastes have went beyond the shbm's, just the other day I got a Zero Tolerance set in a trade, love them to death :) and I've got an order placed for a Flying Tiger (praise be the day when she arrives at my door). Gives me good chills just thinking about the FT.

ok ok ok, so I do have another satin shbm scheduled to arrive in the very near future, thats totally besides the point :D

Hey Dark,
Why don't you trade me your Strider AR for my Straight Handled Steel Heart II. It's the only one of it's kind (you know the only one that's been touched by me) and I think I even got some of Dragon's Fang's kooties on it. Boy! how do ya spell kooty anyway.

Interesting thoughts.

Greg B. Still have that .45 . . . . hmmmm? I'm gonna have to get busy on that folder. ;)

Cliff, I have to admit, that for a guy who is finishing up a PhD in Physics, you don't seem to be able to figure out which way the knife is supposed to fold. . . . the blade goes in the slot! ;) Of course, your knife now has two belt clips. . . and it looks like one of them is pretty sharp.

Yours in Nukin' strong locks,

Jerry

Back