Busse Heavy Heart~gw's~bandicoot User

This is the info that came along with the Apprentice Blank:

"These were made in the late 1980's. . . We have 26 of them. They are 5160 steel and are 3/16" thick. They were ground by apprentices to perfect their grinding techniques. They are fully heat treated, unsharpened, and flat ground full to the spine. These are not considered to be any part of the Busse line and carry no warranty."

This is the info that came along with the Apprentice Blank:

"These were made in the late 1980's. . . We have 26 of them. They are 5160 steel and are 3/16" thick. They were ground by apprentices to perfect their grinding techniques. They are fully heat treated, unsharpened, and flat ground full to the spine. These are not considered to be any part of the Busse line and carry no warranty."

Have you sharpened the apprentice? :D

Jeff-how difficult would it be for you to put an edge on the apprentice? Thx!

Jeff-how difficult would it be for you to put an edge on the apprentice? Thx!

Well Jason, I've got to be totally honest with you bro. I've seen skilled people do it before, which is exactly what shyed me away from trying it myself. The operative word there is "skilled". And, I don't have the belt grinder to do the job right. I know I could put a descent V grind on it, but everything I use these days is convex edged, and I'm sure I don't have the skills for it. So, unsharpened and pristine (still) she sits.

So sorry Wash. I only just recieved payment for it and you inquired about it right around the same time before I had a chance to change its status. Hate to let a brother down like that. Thanks for you interest.

Back