Busse Shipping Methods

I know some are not going to like my post and I am sure I am going to get some flack but I am curious about what is the method of shipping? The BB13 took over a month to get once it was paid for. It was purchased 47 minutes after it went live on the site on. Paid on 12/20 and finally got it on Jan 31. I was even seeing it in Australia with posted pics of it being used before I got mine. Now here is where the topper is, I am seeing the Urban Grudge on the sales forum already. I have paid for my Battle Shark as well as my Urban Grudge and have not receive even a shipping notice. Both paid within an hour or two of getting the ding notice. Now it is a bit bothersome to see the next weeks knife already for sale when not all of the previous weeks knives were shipped out yet. :mad: I would think all the Battle Sharks would be shipped out before shipping the Urban Grudge which was the next knife as far as I know. Now I checked when I bought the Battle Shark. It was purchased 2 hours and 36 minutes after they went live on the site. Both were black blades with on in Green Black G10 and the other in Tan Black G10, same for Urban Grudge. One was BG and one was CG both black blades with Green Black G10. So nothing special. Urban Grudge purchased 1 hour 23 minutes after sales open and posted to Forum. So I am at loss at the methods of shipping. I know I am supposed to set back and wait for the magic to occur but when I am seeing a knife that was purchased more than a week after already on the sales forums, well...something is not right in my opinion.

I think it's got to do with their production schedule mate. It's only a guess but I think different knives / handles get made at different times. As soon as they are ready, they get sent out the door. It might not be in chronological order but I bet they are pumping them out as fast as they possibly can.

My advice would be to call the Shop and ask them, to my knowledge nobody on this Forum works in the Shipping Department at Busse! I understand your frustration on the delays in charging a credit card and then the knife not being shipped IAW the Busse website claiming after being charged the knife will ship out usually within 7-14 days-This either needs to be changed to reflect the current procedure (in your case 30 days or more) or deleted. Also the statement in some cases it may take as long as 32 weeks to receive your knife! As far as when your order was placed (1 hour 23 minutes after the knife went on sale) I do not believe this is a factor on how they are shipped out (first order in-first order shipped)-You will get your knives, but I do agree some of the information on the website is outdated and should be corrected!

It be cool if Garth or Amy chimed in, i dont mind waiting, but am curious if there is a method to the madness lol
Or maybe Ur on a $hit list ? Jk lol

LOL, wouldn't be the first time I was on a list like that. It just bothered me a bit when I started to see the UG on sale in the forum. I would have thought the previous model would have all went out first. Time to get from initial purchase on the site is understandable, its the shipping part I have not been able to wrap my head around yet.

It be cool if Garth or Amy chimed in, i dont mind waiting, but am curious if there is a method to the madness lol
Or maybe Ur on a $hit list ? Jk lol

I'm not a big fan of upfront payment when it comes to knives, MOF I'd never buy a knife that way...

but with Busse, it's different...I don't mind paying upfront & waiting for some reason.

I just buy something else off the Exchange while I'm waiting...or go for a long hike...or best of all, go for a long hike with something I bought off the Exchange and chop & slice as I go on my merry way.

It can be a bit annoying if you dwell on it, but that's the price of admission to Busse-Land...NO REGRETS!

This is incorrect-the Website should reflect current procedures!-If charging a credit card and receiving a shipment notification are not accurate simply change it, or put delivery unknown! I do not mind waiting on Busse Products because of the Superiority, Design, and steel, INFI! However the website should reflect current policy on charging procedures and then how long thereafter you can reasonably expect to wait on delivery of your new knife! I too get frustrated, but know the finished product will exceed my expectations! - Busse is unique in that they only charge 1 Dollar to verify your payment method, you do not pay the balance until the knife is about ready for shipment! Another Popular knife maker charges the full price for a pre-order and you may have to wait literally years to obtain it! Busse has been very good to me, and I appreciate everybody at Busse I have had correspondence with! Admission is obtained by PP, Money order, or Credit Card! NO REGRETS!!!
I'm not a big fan of upfront payment when it comes to knives, MOF I'd never buy a knife that way...

but with Busse, it's different...I don't mind paying upfront & waiting for some reason.

I just buy something else off the Exchange while I'm waiting...or go for a long hike...or best of all, go for a long hike with something I bought off the Exchange and chop & slice as I go on my merry way.

It can be a bit annoying if you dwell on it, but that's the price of admission to Busse-Land...NO REGRETS!

Last edited:
Hey, here's a question: Why do these threads seem to be always started on the weekend, when Busse is closed? lmao

You know we don't have the answer...because if "we" did, you'd already know too. Ya know?

Please just contact them during biz hours and ask. Quicker answers that way... ;)

It was started on the weekend because that's when I was looking at the forum and see the UG for sale. No I don't know that you all don't know the answer, so that's why I asked. Many of you all have been around here a whole lot longer than I have therefore you never know, maybe you might know the answer, hence the reason I asked. To be honest I thought maybe I was just missing something, no reason to ponder a question I don't know, so I asked it.

Hey, here's a question: Why do these threads seem to be always started on the weekend, when Busse is closed? lmao

You know we don't have the answer...because if "we" did, you'd already know too. Ya know?

Please just contact them during biz hours and ask. Quicker answers that way... ;)

Do you or have you ever worked in production? Things happen all the time.

I can only imagine the factors that affect Busse knife production. I'm quite sure they work on multiple blades at a time. They have to. So, with that it's very easy for a later offered knife to pass an earlier one in production.

Think about batches. Coating and all the colors. Sharpening. Making the handles and all the various colors.

Knife A could have a lot of black coating orders so it gets done first.

Knife B could have a lot of brown so it's next.

Maybe they combine A and B to knock out all the black. That could allow B's to be shipped before A's.

I know enough about Busse to know they bring it and they get it done. With all the models they're making it definitely makes sense that models wouldn't ship in perfect order.

teleseminar.jpg

I'm pretty sure I was one of the last people to place my order for the CG B13.

I bought it over a week after it went up for sale, yet I was one of the first people to receive one ..and I live close to you in NorCal.

I don't understand the method to the madness, but even if I had been the last person to receive it, I'd have still been just as stoked.
Turned out to be an absolute monster!
Once I can find someone local to thin out the edge, I'm going to start whaling on it.

I don't remember the exact wait time when I bought my NMFSH, but it seemed pretty substantial.

All I can say is, every knife I've gotten from them has been well worth the wait.
And I've also done what Petey does as well, while waiting for a knife to come in, I've bought one off the exchange just to quench the thirst.

My only advice to everybody:
(not that it's relevant to this thread)
Don't sell them once you have them, you'll regret it lol. I used to own a Scrapizashi, TTKZ, and HHFSH. I regret selling every single one of them lmao

I've learned my lesson, I'll be buried with my NMFSH :D

Email and phone go a long way. I have been able to resolve any issue with an email. Always a speedy reply. Forums are always a last resort.

Actually yes, I am an automation controls engineer, EE. I have spent the better part of my adult life in automation and manufacturing. My specialty is error proofing, quality control on production processes along with the automation integration factors that influence it. I am also a proponent of the Six Sigma manufacturing methodology as well as a advanced practitioner of the Toyota Way of production. As I said I know I was going to take some flack and I felt is was a perfectly reasonable question for this group. You all have shown many times to have inside and detailed information that otherwise is unknown to the average person. So I felt this would be a great way to get some explanation as to the workings of the process. I see process as a musical symphony when its all working together. I fully understand batch, runs and other methods of manufacturing. Actually I teach it often to adults going for their continuing education. If an unknown is unknown, one must ask. I can assure I am not the only one that had this question. Statistics show that when in a group, often the question asked is one that is shared by many in the group but who for some reason chose not to ask. Who knows maybe a certain color of G10 is harder to obtain, I don't know. How would I know unless I ask. I am not trying to be rude in any way. I love the product line and spent my fair share of waiting for it. I just wanted some insight if it that insight existed. Seemed reasonable enough. As for the email, well the email is full and I am getting a return of every email sent. I would rather not bother them with a phone call if information can be obtained otherwise. Typically I do send an email because I often fine extra time to do so at 11 pm on a Saturday night lol.

Do you or have you ever worked in production? Things happen all the time.

I can only imagine the factors that affect Busse knife production. I'm quite sure they work on multiple blades at a time. They have to. So, with that it's very easy for a later offered knife to pass an earlier one in production.

Think about batches. Coating and all the colors. Sharpening. Making the handles and all the various colors.

Knife A could have a lot of black coating orders so it gets done first.

Knife B could have a lot of brown so it's next.

Maybe they combine A and B to knock out all the black. That could allow B's to be shipped before A's.

I know enough about Busse to know they bring it and they get it done. With all the models they're making it definitely makes sense that models wouldn't ship in perfect order.

Back