Busse Silent Knight Knife Arrived Today

Azula Gun Holsters

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
The comp finish Busse Combat Silent Knife Arrived today and here are the specs.
Silent Knight no hook weighs 18.8 ounces. Silent Knight with hook weighs 18.6 ounces. Yes the hook version weighs a little less. Blade thickness is .21 measured in front of the handle.
By comparison the NMFBM weighs 33 ounces, the Basic 11 weighs 16.9 ounces and the BME2 weighs 22.6 ounces. The Silent Knight feels well balanced and quick in the hand with a comfortable grip for a large hand. There are some visible machine marks but the comp finish is nice and seems to be stain resistant when used to wet mold the sheath. Good looking knife.

BUSSE SILENT KNIGHT WITH HOOK
smEZdiG.jpg

BUSSE SILENT KNIGHT WITHOUT HOOK
H1t0dGC.jpg

FROM TOP TO BOTTOM
NMFBM
SILENT KNIGHT WITH HOOK
SILENT KNIGHT WITHOUT HOOK
BASIC 11
BME2
jxwJcw5.jpg

Last edited:
I’m confused about how it could weigh more without the blade catch?:confused::confused::confused:

Maybe just a slight variation in stock thickness and/or grinding vs. the negligible weight of the catch? Like the catchless one happens to be slightly thicker, or the cool swoops on the blade (I don't know what those are called) aren't quite as deep, and it adds up to a hair more weight than the catch itself.

I will compare the thickness of the blades tomorrow. I did measure one of them but not sure which one. Thinking it is a variation of stock thickness as well.

Blade thickness in front of the handle:
No Hook Model .213
Hook Model .212

Thickness behind the handle
No hook Model .213
hook model .212

Double checked the weight
No Hook model 18.8 ounces
Hook model 18.6 ounces

The hook model is lighter by .2 ounces

My eyes might be playing trick on me, but I swear the handle on no hook SK looks slightly longer than the hook SK to me. Are they both same length?

My eyes might be playing trick on me, but I swear the handle on no hook SK looks slightly longer than the hook SK to me. Are they both same length?

Holding them side by side they look to be the same length

You have a point wit that photo ... no doubts it looks that way ... and i'ts apparent the scale tubes are cut to different lengths also.

The handles the same size. Just an optical illusion that the one is larger than the other.

Both handles side by side
FhsZhVo.jpg

88hLVY1.jpg

Optical Illusion that the hook model handle is shorter in this photo.
0LekTr4.jpg

Optical illusion that the non hook model handle is shorter in this photo
ISEjM2J.jpg

Last edited:
You have a point wit that photo ... no doubts it looks that way ... and i'ts apparent the scale tubes are cut to different lengths also.

The scale tubes to look different. One set longer. Broader flange.

The scale tubes to look different. One set longer. Broader flange.
It looks like the "hook" batch are the same- that's how mine look, slightly shallower set is all. I have some other knives similar. The no-catch are slightly longer during that run. I always assumed the scales are done with a cnc 3 axis router at minimum, it would do it fine so would also assume the scales are dead nuts on identical in every dimension. Nothing wrong with it, I've drilled a lot of tubes out and it's a hell of a system, doesn't take much flare to hold em tight.

Here is an updated picture showing the patina on the Silent Knight finish after many dunks in the veg tan water mix wet molding sheaths. Very pleased that there is no rust visible.
Using a little metal polish on a rag would make it shiny again in a couple of minutes.
Zipq42K.jpg

Back