BUSSE SUNDAY FUNDAY is coming this Sunday May 8, 2022 at 9:00pm Eastern.

Good luck fellas.

Wish I could partake on that Trough Raider (#41) or that Burp (#51) but alas my money is promised elsewhere right now. Some is going towards that DT12 so I don't feel so bad about it lol.. at least I'm still getting a new knife.

Anyway.. good luck again. Hopefully you get your dream knife

I went for that one too,
any ideas on what that wood is?

Love no choil knives with a nice stabalized wood myself as well.

My guess is some type of burl. Maybe maple?

It seems most everything coming out of the Custom Shop these days with wood on it is some type of maple, because of the giant maple tree that fell at the Busse compound years ago. Originally, that was my guess when looking at the photo but looking at it again it may actually be Desert Ironwood. That would be awesome, I actually always wanted to get a BJ with Desert Ironwood. Very nice material for a knife handle and the G-Rex really sets it off in tan canvas.

Welp, looks like I got the Dr. John this morning. That was a close call, wasn't looking forward to paying for it but couldn't help but take a chip at it on the off chance I might get lucky. Which of you wooly buggers ended up scoring it?

I scored my 3rd choice which is the one I probably wanted the most for using purposes #55 it looks like giraffe bone? But could be bovine just as well. Being a slipjoint guy, I love bone handles on a knife and those black micarta pins are sweet. Happy piglet 😁

Back