1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Busse Team Gemini A2 Arrived Today

Discussion in 'Busse Combat Knives' started by Azula Gun Holsters, Jan 12, 2018.

1. Azula Gun Holsters

Azula Gun Holsters KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Sep 19, 2016
    The long awaited Busse Team Gemini A2 arrived today. Here are the specs and some comparison shots.

TGA2 weighs 20.9 ounces and measured .261 thick in front of the handles
    TGLB weighs 15.8 ounces and measured .253 thick in front of the handles
    TG14 weighs 20.9 ounces and measured .251 thick in front of the handles
    TG-P weighs 22.3 ounces and measured .241 thick in front of the handles

BUSSE TEAM GEMINI A2
    [​IMG]

BUSSE TGA2 VESUS TGLB
    [​IMG]

BUSSE TGA2 VERSUS TG14
    [​IMG]

BUSSE TGA2 VERSUS TG-P
    [​IMG]

evltcat, hydeinmind, lex2006 and 4 others like this.
  2. Leonardo63

Leonardo63 Gold Member Gold Member

May 24, 2017
    Awesome data! What's the handle, is that blk canvas? Looks really gray but might be the flash?

3. Azula Gun Holsters

Azula Gun Holsters KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Sep 19, 2016
    Yes ordered black canvas. It is darker than the black canvas ordered on the FBM BG. It is my favorite handle material and the most comfortable to use.

FBM BG ORDERED WITH BLACK CANVAS
    [​IMG]

4. xxwarderxx

xxwarderxx Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 27, 2015
    Nice job collecting all the numbers. Good data. Interesting how the TG-P weighs so close to the A2 and 14 with so much more blade length.

Of the 14, LB, and A2, do you have one you favor over the others?

5. inkynate

inkynate Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 4, 2010
    Thanks for the weight comparisons and pics!

The A2 is my first TG and I'm pretty impressed. Can definitely see the appeal of the LB, being 5 ounces lighter, but I like the heft of the A2 version as well.

One thing I was surprised and happy to see is the detail of adding bevels all along the spine and around the talon holes, etc. Not quite a nuclear meltdown treatment, but it still softens all the corners a great deal. Nice touch, Busse. :thumbsup:

6. COPIUOS

COPIUOS Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 24, 2015
    The SE/LE/proto treatment often has that extra bezel-like touch, it is really nice and definitely suits the SE name! Very cool!

Cam

inkynate likes this.
  7. COPIUOS

COPIUOS Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 24, 2015

8. bubbaskyjacker

bubbaskyjacker Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 24, 2008
    469AC0D6-0312-4AB9-967D-22B820B82B49.jpeg 0671D8E6-9D48-478B-BACB-B35D5254CD63.jpeg I just got a hammered silver and black g10. It is beautiful! I was nervous but the hammered silver looks good.

Also have the edges are chamfered!! Nice little extra care.

T90, hydeinmind, Leonardo63 and 2 others like this.
  9. hydeinmind

hydeinmind Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 30, 2015
    Awesome pictures guys! Great data! And a great looking sheath! Thanks for sharing! :):thumbsup::thumbsup:

10. StealthCaliber

StealthCaliber Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 20, 2006
    still say that fbm micarta azula has looks awesome. it's like a desert sand/black micarta mix

11. evltcat

evltcat Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 7, 2011
    Congrats!!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:
    Fuller looks shorter on the A2, should give her a little more weight in the shout.

12. dogboye

dogboye Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 23, 1999
    Holy crap! I had no idea the TGA2 was going to be so thick!

My 2.5# shipment has been stuck in the PO Box since Saturday just after the PO closed. That never fails to happen. The USPS around here is so slow anymore that the 2-day priority from Waseon to So. MD, that always ships on Thursday, gets stuck in the Box until Monday. This time, with the MLK day and a dr. appt. tomorrow, 2 days is probably going to end up being 6 days.

Those are some awesome photos, AGH. And nice leather. I think we’re gonna have to talk.