1. Week 43of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco C243PBK Edela + Misc Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco Endela + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Oct 26 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  2. Week 42 drawing for the BladeForums.com 20th Anniversary Year of Giveaways live stream, going on from 5-6PM eastern!!
    Tune in to our YouTube Channel, http://www.youtube.com/TheRealBladeforums, we'll be drawing winners for BladeForums.com merchandise & the grand prize:
    an Kizer Vanguard V4516A1 Domin Folding Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter , along with BladeForums branded gear!

Additional prize(s) will be awarded to people in the livestream chat, so watch for your chance to win bonus prize(s)

Busse TGLB mod

Discussion in 'Maintenance, Tinkering & Embellishment' started by Todd Andrews, Jun 9, 2017.

1. Todd Andrews

Todd Andrews

Jun 9, 2017
    Hello everyone, first time posting here.
    I am the proud owner of a busse tglb for almost 2 years now and I absolutely love this knife, that's partly why I'm having such a hard time deciding if and how to modify it. I'm considering having the coating stripped, a convex edge put on it, and having the spine near the guard flattened to a 90 degree for use as a firesteel scraper. Any info y'all can provide me as to the pros and cons of these would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks everyone!

2. DeAdEyE956

DeAdEyE956

Dec 31, 2010
    Only cons would be resale value which it doesn't seem to be a factor and if you have a kydex sheath doing the whole spine might make it loose. Maybe just do about 2in of the spine, but I don't know much about fire starters and using a knife.

3. lex2006

lex2006 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 20, 2014
    Come to the Dark Side Free bacon and everything
    Busse Combat Knives

4. Todd Andrews

Todd Andrews

Jun 9, 2017
    Thanks I have no intention of selling the knife and I did mean just a small spot of the spine right after the guard.