Busse users thread

Yep, most people go hunting with dogs but we use bears. We have big pigs here :D

Ha! That cracks me up :) I'm used to seeing this rather than your view

ozY4V5Vl.jpg

p5imIGLl.jpg

I don't understand maybe... What's the point of using fine knives in place of other tools like screwdrivers hammers crowbar or axes? Just to prove you can or how tough the knife is?

It seems like putting a trailer hitch on your corvette and hauling cows to me.

I don't understand maybe... What's the point of using fine knives in place of other tools like screwdrivers hammers crowbar or axes? Just to prove you can or how tough the knife is?
When you live and work on a large ranch and are constantly having to drop what you are doing to go get the "correct " tool you eventually say f#*k it and use the tool that is always at your side. I can't always carry a toolbox with me, and yes I do like to prove that my knives can handle whatever I throw at them. It is the only way to truly test if they will hold up in extreme situations.

IMO because it's fun, there's no worry because the Busse warranty has you absolutely covered, instead of carrying a bunch of tools you carry one that may not be the best for certain things but can still be made to function. Hard to wedge a hammer between something and pry, can't cut with a pry bar, busses will hammer, pry, and cut. An argument could be made for survival/ resourcefulness skill building where you learn how to do many different tasks with one tool rather than counting on having multiple task specific tools, you have the confidence of knowing you can at least get the job done with the one tool, in this case a busse knife.
With that said, I almost always pry with a pry bar, hammer with a hammer, and cut with a knife.

When you live and work on a large ranch and are constantly having to drop what you are doing to go get the "correct " tool you eventually say f#*k it and use the tool that is always at your side. I can't always carry a toolbox with me, and yes I do like to prove that my knives can handle whatever I throw at them. It is the only way to truly test if they will hold up in extreme situations.
I hear ya! I do a lot of ac and electrical work on beach houses up on pilings, plenty of pry bars and hammers in the work truck, but when you're in a boiling hot attic on the second floor and have already made quite a few trips down your ladder and two flights of stairs, you're Klein pliers and game warden pretty much become whatever tool you need them to be.

Lol it's like we've come full circle. Bo Randall got started because he saw a guy scraping paint with a custom knife.

What's the point? That's easy: Convenience, expedience, efficiency, take your pick or the lump sum.;) I don't know about anyone else, but I don't wear screwdrivers, hammers, crowbars or axes on my belt everyday.:confused: Do you?o_O I do however, wear a Busse everyday so when something needs doing where my knife and I are at, it gets done without wasting time going to fetch something else. A Busse being a fine knife made of fine steel with a fine warranty makes it a fine tool to USE and carry everyday. Life is too short to watch good opportunities and time pass by because of a price tag.
If your corvette was overbuilt like a Busse, with a lifetime warranty, you probably could. :D Problem with a corvette is the heat treatment is in all the wrong places, :eek: there's no frame/tang, :confused: and the whole thing is Christmas wrapped in a G10 handle. o_O Busse used a Hummer to haul their trailer to shows a few years back, not sure what they use now. The point is, a Hummer ain't cheap, but is just about tough enough to be used like a farm truck if the need arises, where a corvette is more like some of Busse's competition in the knife industry. :p Never outlive your usefulness or be too pretty to be useful works similarly for people, animals AND tools.

My tools and I have not yet outlived our usefulness.:cool:
TTKZ
ojovg3.jpg

TTKZ, TG14, FBMLE, 1311, 1111, NMFSH, ASHBM
v8pg81.jpg

Scrapmax 340
v4pidd.jpg

Ruck flexing
1622syr.jpg

BAD, BWM, SAR3, Ruck
2hyi9uo.jpg

SAR6, SARsquatch
v4qfye.jpg

CS BWM LE
2quhmog.jpg

SAR8
sm6kbt.jpg

Bruiser FSH
316w4k2.jpg

This EDC & truck bag set has logged over half a million miles throughout the USA.
Snakeskin Meaner HACK & small choil B9 Asym
53rzg8.jpg

24g3wx3.jpg

More than once they have helped me keep on truckin', but this past winter I actually had a chance to capture one of those occasions on camera. It is a good sample of heavy hauling 105,500 lb loads through the Rockies in winter too.
Lochsa treefall.jpg Lochsa treefall1.jpg Lochsa treefall2.jpg Lochsa treefall3.jpg Lochsa treefall4.jpg

So did you break your Ran while cutting watermelons? I never saw pics. Stop trollin' and move along.

More than once they have helped me keep on truckin', but this past winter I actually had a chance to capture one of those occasions on camera. It is a good sample of heavy hauling 105,500 lb loads through the Rockies in winter too.

lochsa-treefall-jpg.735804

Man that picture could have been taken out our way. I hate those kind of roads, but they're a fact of life. Where were you on this trip? I pack a big knife in the tool box of my hunting rig all the time for just this sort of thing. Gets used quite a bit. It's lighter than an axe or chainsaw, and it always works.

SE6JS0Bl.jpg

Last edited:
I EDC a fixed blade and 90% of the time it's a Busse. I think by definition an EDC should be a user, but for the most part they don't show a ton of wear other than coatings and keeping them sharp.

I am also rarely faced with situations where I don't have access to the best tool for the job, am usually short on free time so tend to go with what's fastest. That said, I love using them hard when I can and don't believe in owning blades I won't use, life's too short.

These pictures are awesome. The hyper analytical IT nerd in me is curious about the logistics on getting all of those blades stuck in that tree. On one hand top down makes sense but I pity the fool putting the bottom few in if one of the upper ones came loose..

Here's a quick scan of my phone for some in use pic's..

Brisket.jpg

Steak.jpg

DGBM.jpg

Fin1.jpg

Working on "the look" for when she is ready for her first Busse.

Stink_eye.jpg

Back