Busse Variants

I have a question about the variants. It was never clear to me what they were for. I love the look of all of them but I never understood if these were customized just for show or if they were made for a specific person or if these are future knives that Jerry is putting on the production line. I'm asking this question because I'd love to look at all the different variants and choose one to buy since I have yet to own a Busse. Thanks for all the help.

i believe jerry gets bored or jennifer kicks him out and he just goes and starts grinding till he falls to sleep at the wheel. i have had him answer my email at 1:00am in idaho which is about 3:00am his time. he tells a great story about how his hand got blown up with a piece of shrapnel from one of his machines. i have heard from a more reliable source that he just fell to sleep while grinding and when he woke up half his hand was ground in to a variant and the belt was broken. lucky for us they have good plastic surgeons in ohio.

a variant could best be described as a original painting. jerry is an artist and the infi his canvas, no two are exactly alike. busse grinds how he feels at that time. if he gets a wild hair up his nose then he just grinds it off. that's where the saying "keep your nose to the grindstone" comes from. my wife and i have a few and for now i'm just looking at them. if i find one i would like to use i will get a special leather scabbard made for it and use it hard (its infi). when i feel like i've loved it enough i will send it back to daddy and get it refinished for a reasonable fee and retire it.

this is a true story, only the names and faces have been change to protect the guilty.

(kinda chokes you up huh?) :barf:

i know... sorry, i just tried to turn myself in to a moderator. seems they have all gone to the rats. :p

Addict,

Please excuse our stinky friend. He is suffering an identity crisis and a case of rodent envy. He knows he is a skunk but, with all the recent talk of Rats, he is trying to horn in on the action. Knowing full well that it is impossible to change your species ( with the small exeption of Michael Jackson) he has been trying to convince Jennifer to change the name of Swamp Rat Knife Works to Idaho Skunk Nife Werk, thereby entitling himself to free stuff and royalties from the name. :rolleyes:

In any case, he is essentially harmless and is well meaning for the most part. Hopefully if we ignore his apparent neurosis, he will get better in time:D

Blade Addict,
Welcome to the Busse forum. If you want to know what
variants are available, contact Contender (Marc).
He would be able to tell you what is available.
marc@bussecombat.com
If he has them, they are for sale!!:D

Jerry makes variants (which are variations on regular CG models) from time to time, when he gets a hankering for grinding I guess :D

These variations include different grinds (often multiple grinds), different handles, different pommels, and different finishes. All these variables make for a near unlimited number of possible variants.

Jerry sometimes makes one-of-a-kind variants, but more often makes them in extremely limited numbers.

If you want pics, I can help you out :)

What the Skunk says is all true. Variants are Jerry's way of expressing himself on a canvas. They are all unique. Typically Variants have additional grinds and more creativity to them. They are ONLY done by Jerry.

We are hoping to put a website up soon that will highlight Customs and Variants, past, present and future. As Skunk and Chip know, you have to be quick on the draw with Variants because Jerry typically never makes two identical and sometimes there is that one that just comes out perfect.

I know as I have a few of those, ones that will never leave my collection. And I have personally tried to wrest one away from Chip that he feels the same way about. Mrs. Skunk also has one of them that just came out "perfect" (the Pink Apple).

By the way, the difference between a Variant and a Custom is simple. Jerry comes up with the Variants and you come up with the Customs. It is your creativity that designs the Custom although I am happy to help with the process. The Customs are your design and creation, although right now the wait for the Customs is approx. one year and they are alot more expensive.

Anyway, hope that helps! Let me know if there is anything I can do for you.

Marc
marc@bussecombat.com

ONE YEAR ?

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahha............
That means my machete will be here next month :D

Actually Chuck, it's one year from the time that the customer who has ordered it, puts the phrase hahahahahahhahahahahha into one of their posts. . . .. that means that you are only 365 days away from getting that "machete o' death".;) ;) ;) :cool:

wow an MD! i would have called it an eagle beek! or EB... i got to hold it and it feels a little front heavy, chops good though!:p

Back