Recommendation? Busse Wharncliffe?

Maddie%20Mae-X2.jpg

Team Gemini doin work...we love it! :D

Tell Maddie her wharnie is absolutely FAB but she way overdone the talon hole...;):p ... no seriously, I see the DNA where this came from. I'm in. :thumbsup:

Tell Paul, work a talon hole into his mock up-- maybe ala SAR5-ish <gotta protect the company trademark>-- then Uncle Petey will take two ... :)

Seriously, I hope this project grows legs, or hooves, as it were...

Operation Team Gemini pt. 2 ... let's roll HOGS!

In the mean time, take a gander at the CRK Insingo blade shape. A very utilitarian and handy design, all of the CRKs that I still possess (six, before delving into the abyss of Bussekin) are only this style.

Reeves’ Nyala and Professional Soldier offerings are in heavy EDC rotation, sheathed in PirtleMade (pix by cpirtle himself to follow... thanks CP!).

Also, in the nessmuk style, the Boker Nessmi. And the Boker/Vox PryMates.

Last edited:
Paul just reminded me that he drew one up a while ago as well. He used something similar to our steak knife handle at a canted angle.

These kids are prolific!

Let's Drink!

Jerry

PoPo%20Wharncliffe%201-X3.jpg
I dig the one with the steak knife handle. It puts the cutting edge low enough that when slicing, the edge can completely finish the cut before your fingers/knuckles crash into the cutting board.

Yep.....you need enough blade height on a Wharnie to use the whole blade.

Otherwise, you're only using the last 3/4 of an inch (thats 18mm in the Queen's English).

More relief in regard to cutting edge and finger placement means everything to me on a Wharncliffe.

1. 2E085DAE-E438-49C1-82E4-FBA81230C712.jpegNo true Wharncliffes here (the BRK Tusk is close though), but highly related blade shapes on EDC size fixed blades that I have personally found to be extremely useful over the years. Three I have owned, used, and loved for a few decades. Two are new acquisitions that are already in heavy rotation. All are fantastic at some things, a few at most things (Cattleman and Tusk).

2. From left to right: old Randall Cattleman; newly acquired (used) Fiddleback Carve; old Bark River Prototype; old Bark River Tusk; newly acquired Graham Razel.

My Spyderco Delica wharncliffe is my go to knife when I’m doing projects around the house. I put together a new bbq yesterday, and that little Wharnie was a life saver. Cutting the plastic straps on the box, opening all the little packages, cutting up all the cardboard, even the massive zip ties that held the parts together. They used the big zip ties that the swat team ties up the bad guys with.
I almost grabbed a pair of wire cutters, but no need. That little Wharnie cut right thru them.
A Busse edc size wharncliffe would be very cool and useful!

Back