Busse's on tactical gear?

Over on ARF.com there are multiple pic threads on plate carrier/war belt/edc set-ups. So far I've seen maybe 2 Busse's.

Does anyone here use their Busse for anything the least bit tactical or just strictly camping/wood-splitting/around the house use?

Pics are always welcome :)

Thanks

-Emt1581

What do you mean by tactical? What would "tactical uses" encompass? Is simply putting it on a rig that 99.9% of people will never use considered "tactical"....... I think any wood/camping use would be harder than most "tactical" uses.......

I have a mistress clipped to a bug out bag..... I also pried a Door to a crappy apartment open with a Dumpster Mutt.....I guess that is "tactical"........

Last edited:
My oldest son has my BATAC on him in theater, over yonder. I'm pretty sure anything he's doing is tactical.

I use whatever Busse is nearest me to add a tactical vent hole to my beer cans for ease of chuggage!!!
Today it's my TGLB. :D

What do you mean by tactical? What would "tactical uses" encompass? Is simply putting it on a rig that 99.9% of people will never use considered "tactical"....... I think any wood/camping use would be harder than most "tactical" uses.......

I have a mistress clipped to a bug out bag..... I also pried a Door to a crappy apartment open with a Dumpster Mutt.....I guess that is "tactical"........

BOB, yup, that'd be "tactical" in my book. And yes on the other description about gear we most likely won't need to use.

Again, it just looked like people were spending lots on their home defense, combat, or S&P gear and Busse's weren't their choice for fixed blades.

Thanks

-Emt1581

They aren't the choice for many. Not that there's anything wrong with that. I just don't swing that way.

BOB, yup, that'd be "tactical" in my book. And yes on the other description about gear we most likely won't need to use.

Again, it just looked like people were spending lots on their home defense, combat, or S&P gear and Busse's weren't their choice for fixed blades.

Thanks

-Emt1581

From what I have gathered from talking to friends that went over or are still over there you see alot of ESEE, Swamp Rat, and Scrapyard. This by no means that a Busse couldnt do the same chores but from what I have been told those 3 brands stand up to all the beatings but dont cost nearly as much and there is a good chance of a knife being lost. So from that point of view would you rather have a 100-200 dollar knife get lost or a 500 dollar when they can all do the same things.

From what I have gathered from talking to friends that went over or are still over there you see alot of ESEE, Swamp Rat, and Scrapyard. This by no means that a Busse couldnt do the same chores but from what I have been told those 3 brands stand up to all the beatings but dont cost nearly as much and there is a good chance of a knife being lost. So from that point of view would you rather have a 100-200 dollar knife get lost or a 500 dollar when they can all do the same things.

Well, I guess I meant Busse/kin. But I see your point and I certainly agree/understand. Losing a $100 SYCO/SR would be a lot less painful than a $500 Busse.

-Emt1581

I'm a contractor working in Bagram AFG and I carry an SFNO in my Gearslinger bag which goes with me everywhere...I work comms so I'm not doing anything tactical with it, but it has seen some work related action...Since I'm not authorized a firearm the SFNO and a Carrillo Tripwire #7 make up my EDC lineup out here...

Well, I guess I meant Busse/kin. But I see your point and I certainly agree/understand. Losing a $100 SYCO/SR would be a lot less painful than a $500 Busse.

-Emt1581

Well I have heard the RMD is right up on top with the ESEE 3 mil as far as popularity. I think that the Bussekins see plenty of use over there.

I'm a contractor working in Bagram AFG and I carry an SFNO in my Gearslinger bag which goes with me everywhere...I work comms so I'm not doing anything tactical with it, but it has seen some work related action...Since I'm not authorized a firearm the SFNO and a Carrillo Tripwire #7 make up my EDC lineup out here...

Not authorized to carry a firearm?? Isn't that war zone?!?

I'd at least want a mouse gun in my crotch (smartcarry) if so! Call it an insurance policy against kidnapping/beheading. It pissed me off every time I read about "contractors" getting kidnapped/killed.

Thanks for sharing and stay safe! :)

-Emt1581

Well I have heard the RMD is right up on top with the ESEE 3 mil as far as popularity. I think that the Bussekins see plenty of use over there.

I think the RMD is one of if not the most popular SR blade. As far as seeing plenty of use...that would make sense. I just haven't seen any real pics of it.

Thanks

-Emt1581

Part of that is as stated, loosing a $150 or $200 knife is a lot easier to swallow than loosing a $500.

Sticky fingers happen in the military.

My cousin carried one over there. He is a Marine MP. He just finished a tour over there. He rode the turret .50 on one of the armored vehicles.

A group of Busse owners pitched in and donated the knife, and another made him the sheath. The Busse shop made the knife super quick to get it to him. Family, that is what Busse is to a lot of people.

If I was going in harms way, I would have no hesitation bringing Scrapyard, Swamprat or Busse.

I have a CGAD on my plate carrier "over here"... There's one guy in my platoon who has a 511, another with a SR RS, and another who uses my WarDog. I need to get all of our kits together and take a picture of the various rigs, but here's a picture of how mine currently rides. 550 cord + Malice clips will let you do almost anything with a sheath.

IMG_1354.jpg

Back