Great choppers!
One more new addition to your collection at $199. *SOLD*

ZriXfjJ.jpg

UBmbEbY.jpg

EZq7WEM.jpg

Email to himimp@aol.com or order
First come first served

Last edited:
Thats like the AKB's more athletic older brother. Slightly taller but with a bit more fineness. Lean and hungry looking with unmistakable brawn, I bet that beast handles like a dream.

Holy Moley! (jaw drop)

Thanks Kiteman....my bank account thanks you.
I am a weak willed individual. :oops:

But I have regretted not trying for some of these HI blades in the past, and it can be a long time before you see again one of anything you pass on.

I don't recall seeing anything like this one before.

Got the Done Deal! Stoked! :thumbsup:

Last edited:
I am a weak willed individual. :oops:

But I have regretted not trying for some of these HI blades in the past, and it can be a long time before you see again one of anything you pass on.

I don't recall seeing anything like this one before.

Got the Done Deal! Stoked! :thumbsup:
Yay Kiteman I’m happy for you!
Give us an update

It reminds me alot of something Ted Frizzell would have turned out years ago. I was always quite enamored with what he made also!

I checked with Auntie and alas there is only one of these. She didn't know how well it would be accepted. Plans to have some more made after Dashain, so start filling the piggy banks and practicing your stealth shark tactical skills.
I also suggest that this would be another model like the little bowie that would be sweet shrunk down to 8 or 10 inches. Keep the lines and such.

Just curious, for those who live in dry climates e.g. NV or CA, is there any way to mitigate the effects of wood shrinkage on knife handles like this one? I've tried numerous wood preservatives over the years, but none seem to help much. Looking at this type of chiruwa handle made me think about this issue.

I don't live in those area's but frequent applications of mineral oil, linseed, etc to keep the wood hydrated should work. I usually sand the handles a bit when they arrive, basically clean them as the kami's polish the wood along with the blade. The polishing compound kind of seals the wood. Usually sanding and cleaning makes the grain and wood look way nicer. This also allows the oil to penetrate and actually hydrate the wood. Even here in the damp NW, I oil my handles frequently.

Just curious, for those who live in dry climates e.g. NV or CA, is there any way to mitigate the effects of wood shrinkage on knife handles like this one? I've tried numerous wood preservatives over the years, but none seem to help much. Looking at this type of chiruwa handle made me think about this issue.
I've used Hooflex (more for horn handles) and Ballistol with good success over the years. Ballistol works for the sheaths, too.

I live in CA. I periodically soak the handles in mineral oil using a mason jar.

Back