Test ad

butchers kit

Looking at a butchers/field dressing all in one kit from Cabelas and the blades are all made out of 420 stainless. Do you guys think this is a decent steel for a kit like this? or can anyone suggest a better set. I would like it to have the saw and spreader with it.

Last edited:
I plan to use them weekly in the kitchen. I do a lot of meat fabrication and just thought it would be nice to have a butchers kit that I could have all together and convenient

CWL

It'd be better if you built your own kit by getting a knife roll and adding your own knives. You can then customize it for your needs and not be stuck with cheap or useless knives.

Chain outdoors stores will often sell made up bundled kits for things that someone is getting into as a beginner knowing that most of us don't know enough at that point to sort out what you do or don't need. Smart to ask around, in all reality two or three sharp Old Hickory knives would do a fine job and probably cost you lots less, plus you can use them for all the other days out of the year when you are just cutting up chicken, beef and pork.