butt cap replacement

Just one question: Can CRK make a bit longer butt cap to 4'' one piece range knives? About half an inch would work well, I think. As for optional accessory.
Piotr

That question has been asked by numerous members of the forum and the answer from CRK is always the same........no. However, there are makers out there who make aftermarket buttcaps for CRK one-piece knives. I'll have to find one makers card with his web address.

OK. After done some search I've found one topic such as mine. Set up a new one because I hoped this situation may changed. Where should I start looking for such maker if wanted longer butt cap?

I remember one guy had a skull crusher buttcap with a cone shaped end. I saw it on ebay and it sold for something like thirty US dollars. scary!

Find a decent machine shop in your local area. They should be abloe to make you whatever you want!

I echo the want of the first post... need a longer handle for my Mountaineer I.

Ken... please post the contact info for the "after market" maker of end caps or extension for CR Knives.

Not interested in "skull crushers".

Thanks.

Bob

Found it!

The gentleman's name is Tim Tabor. You can email him at tim.tabor@intrepidmachine.com. I met him at the Blade show this past year. He had some skull crushers on his table. I didn't see extensions but I'm sure he could do one up.

I agree completely. The handles on the 4 inch blades are too short. The butt of my hand is just hangs behind the butt, and it gets uncomfortable pretty quickly. An extension is a good idea.

Below is what I got from Mr. Tabor. I was unable to post his photos showing the caps he made. Please contact him directly for further info.

Bob

"Enclosed are pics of what I have. They are in stock ($40.00) + 4.00 shipping.
Made from alum. & black anodized. Compass installed & comes with a lanyard.

Thanks,

Tim"

taborknives@verizon.net

Back