Butterfly Knife identification

I have a butterfly knife that is almost identical to a Benchmade model 45. It differs in the blade grind, it is the Weehawk blade but the false edge is sharpened and is approximately 2" long. It has Balisong USA on the blade. It also has a horzontal carry nylon sheath and a very nice leather vertical carry sheath with a butterfly design on it. Thanks you for any help that you provide.

------------------
Dale Richmond
AKTI Membership Pending

Be sure to take care of that relatively rare gem. It's likely a Balisong, Inc. balisong from the early to mid '80's; the company became Pacific Cutlery and then Benchmade. I'm sure, considering BM45's were going for $200 in certain circles a few months ago, yours is worth a good deal more in good condition.

That makes sense, I purchased this knife in 1983 in Charleston SC. It has been in storage since then. Would you know what alloy steel is used in the blade?

------------------
Dale Richmond
AKTI Membership Pending

Congratulations, Sir, you have a Bali-Song Cutlery custom handmade by Jodi Samson in the early 1980s.

When you say that it is approx. 2" long, is that the total length of the blade? I've never seen one that short.

The leather sheath is also a rarity.

If it's possible, please post or send a picture and I can probably tell you more.

------------------
Chuck
Balisongs -- because it don't mean a thing if it ain't got that swing!
http://www.4cs.net/~gollnick

I was not very clear in the description. The blade is approx. 4" long and the false edge is 2" long and sharpened

------------------
Dale Richmond
AKTI Membership Pending

Back