Button broke on my new Swisstool pouch. Now what?

Hello everyone. I got a new Swisstool X a week ago, and it has not seen any real action as of yet other than randomly picking it up to play with it and admire its quality. Anyway, tonight I took it out the nylon pouch than came with the tool, and noticed that the button snap on the pouch flap broke off.

Does anyone have suggestions or experience with dealing with Victorinox's customer service? Would a pouch be something that should be covered by warranty? I checked out swissarmy.com and noticed that new pouches were about $17, so I'd like to get my defective one replaced.

Thoughts?

Thanks in advance,
Mike

I have had dealings with them and it has been excellent in my experience. They fixed my SwissChamp free of charge (broken pliers and scissor spring - they also replaced the scratched scales and all the removeable bits: toothpick, tweesers, small screwdriver and pen - which I had removed for safe keeping before sending it off). They also gave me free of charge additional small (corkscrew) screwdrivers free of charge when I asked for them.

I have not, however, had to repalce a pouch and am not sure if it is covered. As it is new they should replace it. Give them a call and find out. Customer service contact info:

Ph: 800-442-2706 / Fx: 203-926-1505
Monday thru Friday 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. EST

Lets us know how you get on.

Bhustan said:
...Would a pouch be something that should be covered by warranty?...
Yes. The question is how long you have had it? If a new purchase, you can probably take it back to where it was purchased and swap out. Otherwise, send it to them (Victorinox). They have a good reputation in the customer service area. I found something on their webpage. It does not state knife sheaths/pouches. However, they warrant all their products very similarly.

Victorinox said:
If your knife has a manufacturer's defect covered by our warranty, we will either repair or replace this knife at our option, without charge when it is returned to an authorized Victorinox Original Swiss Army Knife dealer or is sent to our Consumer Repair Service noted above.

...Victorinox® Travel Gear, Daypack and Accessory Products are under warranty for the life of the product to be free from any manufacturing defects in material and workmanship. We will cover any damage to your product caused by a defect in the workmanship or quality of the materials. We have the right, at our option, to repair or replace merchandise.

The Lifetime Warranty does not cover damage resulting from abuse, neglect, improper handling, or common carrier damage. The Warranty does not cover ordinary wear and tear...we can provide you with generous options for repairing or refurbishing your product.

If you have any questions, please contact our Customer Service Department at 1-888-658-0717...

Thanks for the replies.

I bought the SwissTool X on e-bay, so going back to the dealer is not a convenient option.

Also, I've only had the tool and pouch for a week, and had opened the snap less than 10 times before it broke, so it appears legitimately defective. Luckily, the tool itself is beautiful. Different in several ways from the LM stuff and SOG Powertool I have, but definitely very high quality.

It looks like I'll be giving their customer service number a call tomorrow.

Thanks again!
Mike

Back