Buy Bobby Branton throwers !

Been reading a bunch of these threads and have to say . If you are serious about throwing knives buy Bobby Branton's throwers . I have a bunch of them and have thrown the hell out of them for like 5 or 6 years now and they are still going strong. I throw as hard as I can and have worn out several targets.These knives have proven there worth to me and I am confident I can't hurt them.
Bobby is a world class thrower and knows his stuff.

This is my target . It is 4 each 4'x8' sheets of 3/4 ply wood with two railroad ties in the back . I know ,I know it's time to make another target.
Just wanted to show you how much grief I/we put on those knives.

Attachments

• 2010-08-18 10.46.38.jpg
    2010-08-18 10.46.38.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 191
I agree Bobbys knives are the best. I have a couple they are tough and they work! Have worked thru couple 3 1/2" cedar targets and starting a new one.
Good stress relief.....

Attachments

• IMG_1864.JPG
    IMG_1864.JPG
    55.6 KB · Views: 101
  • TargetCx0406.jpg
    TargetCx0406.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 98
Last edited:
Those are some beautiful knives alright. But at $100 (MSRP) bucks a pop they might be a little expensive for us newbs.

They do look to be some of the very finest of custom throwers. I will be looking for the new 2011 knives :)thumbup: not to buy but to admire).

True but they will last a lifetime. I have broken just about every other thrower I could get my hands on.

Hi Ken - you won't break an old Tru Balnce - old Harry made them hell for stout - I just picked up another Bowie Axe - I have 4 of them now - 100 bucks is a lot of money for a thrower but it will out last 2 or 3 generations!

I always carry a couple of pocket knives - here's an old Onion I scratched up :) i carry it every day. Tom Hudson
0_0_0_0_250_188_csupload_28623637_large.jpg

Last edited:
Damn Tom, wish my scratches looked like that ! Nice work !!
Your right about True Balance , I Have a couple of those I seem to have misplaced .
I'm gonna build a couple for myself here pretty soon . I'm planning on hunting a black bear with a throwing knife sometime next year. So I gotta work on my accuracy at distance.
When I was a kid one of our crazy hippy neighbors used to hunt deer with throwing machetes every year and was pretty successful . I have thought about doing it ever since and figure I gotta try while I'm still young enough to do it .

I use to work gun & knife shows all over the US - i had some guys at a show in FL set next to me - they hunted hogs with Bowie Axe's - the dogs would get the hog cornered up & they would go in & slice the pig throat - sounds a little cold but i think the pig was harvested faster than with an arrow. Tom Hudson

Last edited:
Let me see if I can find a couple of Tru Bals. Caught hell trying to get them all in one pic.

Attachments

• collection-1.jpg
    collection-1.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 167
Let me see if I can find a couple of Tru Bals. Caught hell trying to get them all in one pic.
Hi Bobby - I never met Harry but I would call him once in awhile just to BS - I thought then he was really grumpy but "now that I talk just like he did", he wasn't "Grumpy":rolleyes:

He was a great guy to visit with. He told me more than once he was going to pull the plug on the business. I think he said at that time he didn't have anyone in the family to turn things over to? I have a couple letters from him somewhere plus a book or two he wrote - he autograph them for me, I need to find that stuff! Tom Hudson

Last edited:
I agree Bobbys knives are the best. I have a couple they are tough and they work! Have worked thru couple 3 1/2" cedar targets and starting a new one.
Good stress relief.....

Do you have a pic of the back of those targets?

I am thinking about making another target, and need some ideas of how to keep them up right.

Do you have a pic of the back of those targets?

I am thinking about making another target, and need some ideas of how to keep them up right.
I'll see if I have one or will get one when some of the snow melts...

Back