Buyers Beware!

As i have mentioned previously i no longer deal with ebay but i do often check prices to see what schrades are going for and there has been several Shrade craftsman knives on ebay the past few days that are not Schrades! instead they are camillus knives and some of these are by different sellers who no doubt looked them up before listing them and thought they were schrades. here is an example.Item number: 6596985368 there are other styles and some have already been sold and for more than their worth! Now unless Codger corrects me on this as he has done on a few other things I am 99.99% positive that this is in fact a camillus knife.

Looks like an Imperial Frontier to me.
Whats everyone else think.

I saw that auction and almost bid on it until I saw the model number. It does look like a Frontier, but I have several Frontier #4515s and a Sears #94515. (It does not have the Craftsman name on it.) Other than the Tang stamps the knives are identical.
I am sure the Sears #94515 is made by Frontier but I don't know about the Craftsman #95232 in that auction. It is possible that Frontier made that knife also and they changed the model # for the Craftsman name.
It might be worth buying just to compare it to my other Frontiers to see if it is the same knife. The Frontier #4515 is one of my favorite patterns. I have several Camillus knives that are great knives also. I think their quality used to compare well to Schrade, I don't know about their more recent stuff, especially those made in china. :barf:
I bought 2 new Frontier #4515 last week at a hardware store, NIB, and paid $29.99 + tax, so if that knife is a Frontier, or even a decent Camillus it is probably worth bid or two.

Dale

I'm saying Imperial, without a doubt. As made by Camillus. Not to say it isn't a good knife. I like this model. Posted a pic last year of one I frequently carry that I've affixed a 'one-armed-bandit- thumb stud to.
See this thread:
http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=380662&highlight=camillus

Phil

ps... note: I see a lot of Ebayers offering knives 'found in the Schrade factory'. Is a knife found in the factory in the last days necessarily a Schrade? Of course not. I think we can pretty well figure that anything left over from the Imperial RI factory upon their closing was packed up, sent to Ellenville, to sit until the end.

There is one particular knife wholesaler offering a bunch of these things; among other stuff is a lot of Uncle Henry folders that he advertises as 'factory reconditioned'. He has lots of them, all are in 'bulk' packaging (plastic bag), and not really priced, when they hit ebay, very cheaply. I can tell by looking at these sellers 'other items' that this is where they got the stuff. As in shopping everywhere else, when on ebay: Buyer beware.

It is on the list of Imperial Schrade / Sears SFO's posted by LT a while back.

Codger

O.K. this knife is in the year end blowout SMKW catalog listed at $8.99 on clearance. since it didnt turn up in a site search i put in the order # And what came up was in fact camillus rosewood medium lockback seconds and says styles may vary.

I knew I had one of those here someplace. Here it is... Craftsman 95232, sitting right over an Imperial Frontier. They are exact duplicates, the Sears product having a brighter, more highly buffed finish on the brass.

Good, solid knives; Sears would not have had a problem putting the Craftsman brand on them and warranting them forever.
365112.jpg

Back