Buying a new XM-18

How can I go about ordering a Hinderer XM-18?
The website doesn't seem to be updated - I tried ordering one via email, but still no reply yet.

I want to order one as a birthday gift for someone (an engineer in the romanian air force) - I managed to convince all the relatives that he will DEFINITELY enjoy this gift so we can all buy this together, but now I can't order it :confused:

Is there a new website or is this knife discontinued? If its discontinued, are there some alternative distributors that have these in stock?

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Nevermind - I found a distributor that has one in stock :)
The price is higher than the one listed on the website... but at least I can order TODAY. Should I wait for an email reply or buy from there?

Last edited:
I wouldn't order from a site which doesn't replay to emails.

If there's a phone number try calling. Usually if a reseller has an XM-18 in stock it doesn't sit around for weeks at a time, so it may not even be there.

Something to consider.

Also, I know Rick does priority ordering for enlisted military / police / firefighters / etc. I don't know if this applies to foreign military, but it might be worth calling Rick and asking.

I meant Rick didn't answer my "order" email - altough I didn't mention it was a gift for someone in the military.

I will email these guys I found and see if they really have it in stock or if its an error.

I meant Rick didn't answer my "order" email - altough I didn't mention it was a gift for someone in the military.

I will email these guys I found and see if they really have it in stock or if its an error.

if it's a gift from the miitary then you might be able to order directly from Rick. shoot Rob Orlando a PM.

Where did u find somewhere that has them I'm currently looking and have been doing so for a while please help!!!!:D

I found a distributor that has ONE in stock :)
I will gladly tell you if I find an alternate source.

Sorry! we are swamped getting ready for a show and I am sure Rob overlooked youremail. I will let him know this am to look you up!

Rick

Ahh - I missed that :)
Thanks for your help Rick - I really appreciate it.

Thanks Pieter.45 :D

Their stock is for scales, not for the knives themselves. Almost all dealers for Hinderer have waiting lists of months to years long. If they don't keep a list most are sold out when they list them on their site in minutes.

A VAST majority of his stuff is sold via the secondary market. Prices for the XM-18 3.5" flipper right now normally run from $500-$600 depending on condition etc.

Funny that. So I bought a scale, and it came with the rest of the knife too ;). Cos I've paid for my XM-18 3" flipper with carbon fiber scale and it's already on it's way. The other guy's just emailed me to say he's also got stock. So email them like I suggested in my earlier post if you want an Hinderer. Where there's a will there's a way. No worries. Ivo even had a couple of XM-24's last week which I declined to buy. I'll post a sexy pic of my new knife when it arrives.

Last edited:
Sorry! we are swamped getting ready for a show and I am sure Rob overlooked youremail. I will let him know this am to look you up!

Rick

I found one in stock in Switzerland eventually :) my uncle's birthday is coming up this october. Can't wait to see his face when he sees it. :cool:

Thanks for the help again everyone, and thanks Rick for making these awesome knives!!! :thumbup:

I found one in stock in Switzerland eventually :) my uncle's birthday is coming up this october. Can't wait to see his face when he sees it. :cool:

Thanks for the help again everyone, and thanks Rick for making these awesome knives!!! :thumbup:

That will make a great birthday present. Your uncle is very lucky. :thumbup:

Yes he is, and the worst part is now I want one too :)
But I will wait for Rick's collaboration with ZT, I don't have the funds yet to buy a new XM-18 that is IF I'm lucky to find one in stock again :D

Back