Buying American - I must confess...

Status
Not open for further replies.
There’s nothing whatsoever on that random website to indicate that Benchmade is anti Second Amendment. I know countless people who support candidates on the left but are pro gun. Please....
The candidates that they support are explicitly anti-2A. There have been numerous threads about this in the past. You can even Google each candidate's name they donated to and you'll see their stance.

No one who supports any leftist candidate is truly pro gun.

Factually incorrect.

It has always been my personal belief that extremism is bad, whether it be extremist views of my own religion, anyone else's or the same as it pertains to politics or anything else. The broad brush strokes that you are painting reflect the fact that you choose to view things as black and white. Your choice of the word "leftist" is telling. In fact, in the vast majority of cases, those who are politically naive tend to over-simplify candidates and issues based on the one issue that the individual cares about. So, if your biggest societal care is guns (as opposed to healthcare, poverty the environment or anything else) then you should resist anyone or anything that stands in your way of having all of the guns you want. The reality is, though, that things are far more complex than you seem to understand.

The candidates that they support are explicitly anti-2A. There have been numerous threads about this in the past. You can even Google each candidate's name they donated to and you'll see their stance.

Meaningless. It's well accepted that President Trump was solidly a democrat before he had a chance to win the presidency by convincing those who he never supported or cared about that he was their guy. There are no perfect politicians and many great companies support politicians on both sides. Sometimes you support a candidate who is a mixed bag - they all are. Come on...

The bottom line is that Benchmade has always supported law enforcement, and that is well-documented. When the police were required to destroy guns (yes, it is a fact that they were required to destroy them) Benchmade offered their resources to the community. Even law enforcement has verified this as fact. Do you believe that Benchmade should have treated these objects headed for destruction with the same respect that someone may give to a Holy scripture and resist helping?

Benchmade has been supporting the police and military for decades. Let's quit with the silly oversimplifications that leave out facts, characterize others with very limited knowledge and site extremist webpages.

Well I just received the most perfect American made knife I've ever seen. Hooray Benchmade. The last photo (posted by Sinkhole) was the inspiration that pushed me over to edge to try the black coated combo edge. Happy that I did.
Untitled by Six Pound Cat, on Flickr

Nice!! Sometimes I think that if I had to sell all of my knives and only keep 2-3 the 940 (also green and black) would be one fo them. Love the green version as the Axis studs stick out farther and make it easier to use.

Warnings issued for trolling and insults... stop the childish comments please.

I hear that Elijay2! I'd like to handle a 940-2 but in the grand scheme I like the aluminum scales feel, strength, and how they patina over time and show wear.

No one who supports any leftist candidate is truly pro gun.
Wrong. And people in the middle exist too. I'm extremely pro gun, but more left leaning on most social issues.

Not sure how the applies to the thread really. I'd still recommend buying Benchmade for the most part. They have some QC issues but anything political is silly. Most of the large knife companies have a a few similar issues. Strider, Microtech, even Zt has had some weird issues with accepting any feedback lately lol.

What would the other two be??!!

Nice!! Sometimes I think that if I had to sell all of my knives and only keep 2-3 the 940 (also green and black) would be one fo them. Love the green version as the Axis studs stick out farther and make it easier to use.

Meaningless. It's well accepted that President Trump was solidly a democrat before he had a chance to win the presidency by convincing those who he never supported or cared about that he was their guy. There are no perfect politicians and many great companies support politicians on both sides. Sometimes you support a candidate who is a mixed bag - they all are. Come on...
2W5STrD.jpg

http://www.ontheissues.org/domestic/Ron_Wyden_Gun_Control.htm
http://www.ontheissues.org/domestic/Martin_Heinrich_Gun_Control.htm
http://www.ontheissues.org/House/Darlene_Hooley_Gun_Control.htm

The bottom line is that Benchmade has always supported law enforcement, and that is well-documented. When the police were required to destroy guns (yes, it is a fact that they were required to destroy them) Benchmade offered their resources to the community. Even law enforcement has verified this as fact. Do you believe that Benchmade should have treated these objects headed for destruction with the same respect that someone may give to a Holy scripture and resist helping?
I could care less about Benchmade destroying guns. It's bad optics, but it's not necessarily anti-2A to me. The donations to the previously mentioned politicians isn't just bad optics.

rand
http://www.ontheissues.org/domestic/Ron_Wyden_Gun_Control.htm
http://www.ontheissues.org/domestic/Martin_Heinrich_Gun_Control.htm
http://www.ontheissues.org/House/Darlene_Hooley_Gun_Control.htm

I could care less about Benchmade destroying guns. It's bad optics, but it's not necessarily anti-2A to me. The donations to the previously mentioned politicians isn't just bad optics.

Silly. A few grand in cherry picked donations. Do you disregard everything that a candidate stands for if they don't support every gun law? Of course it's your right to have such a simple political approach but I'd suggest that you might make a little more positive impact on society if you examined candidates more thoroughly before passing judgement. Should Benchmade only support the right? Should they only support candidates like Donald Trump who, again, is widely known to have been a democrat before he became President by convincing the exact people to support him who he couldn't care less about? In any case, I have pretty good reason to believe that the Benchmade (former) customers who don't buy from them because they haven't been brainwashed into only voting according to an extremist ideology only make up a very inconsequential portion of their business. I would suggest that if you want to take such negative position on Benchmade that you might enjoy yourself more by spending time in the forums of brands that you prefer. The rest of us Benchmade enthusiasts can go on with a more positive discussion (as this one began) and Benchmade can continue to make great products and continuing our military and law enforcement.

Silly. A few grand in cherry picked donations. Do you disregard everything that a candidate stands for if they don't support every gun law? Of course it's your right to have such a simple political approach but I'd suggest that you might make a little more positive impact on society if you examined candidates more thoroughly before passing judgement. Should Benchmade only support the right? Should they only support candidates like Donald Trump who, again, is widely known to have been a democrat before he became President by convincing the exact people to support him who he couldn't care less about? In any case, I have pretty good reason to believe that the Benchmade (former) customers who don't buy from them because they haven't been brainwashed into only voting according to an extremist ideology only make up a very inconsequential portion of their business. I would suggest that if you want to take such negative position on Benchmade that you might enjoy yourself more by spending time in the forums of brands that you prefer. The rest of us Benchmade enthusiasts can go on with a more positive discussion (as this one began) and Benchmade can continue to make great products and continuing our military and law enforcement.
I just checked to see who you were having the debate with and sure enough someone who is on my ignore list. I put people on there who only live to argue and the interesting thing is, they are arguing that they "dislike" Benchmade on the Benchmade forum. That begs the question: If they hate BM that much and that they view them as the devil's spawn, then why are they here?

Benchmade had the gall to do something in support of their local law enforcement agency. On top of that they keep employees who are good at their jobs in spite of the fact they voted for or supported a candidate who wasn't in lock step with single issue 2A fanatics. The nerve!

"2A fanatics", otherwise known as people who support and defend the constitution as written.

Silly. A few grand in cherry picked donations. Do you disregard everything that a candidate stands for if they don't support every gun law? Of course it's your right to have such a simple political approach but I'd suggest that you might make a little more positive impact on society if you examined candidates more thoroughly before passing judgement. Should Benchmade only support the right?
Benchmade made a statement claiming to be a "proud and unwavering supporter of Second Amendment rights". You think it's silly to hold them to that statement? I don't care if they donate to Democrats or Republicans. The issue that I have is that the politicians they donated to are not supporters of the 2A in any way. If a company makes a statement, I expect them to be true to it.

I would suggest that if you want to take such negative position on Benchmade that you might enjoy yourself more by spending time in the forums of brands that you prefer. The rest of us Benchmade enthusiasts can go on with a more positive discussion (as this one began) and Benchmade can continue to make great products and continuing our military and law enforcement.
I own multiple Benchmade knives. Is that a requirement to post on this board? The simple fact is this title popped up in "New Posts" and I clicked on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back