Buying direct from CRK. Question?

snowreaper1

BANNED
So Ive just about made up my mind and have decided I need a Chris Reeve
Sebenza. I want a Large 21 with silver lug(maybe double) and possibly some
other modification. I want to buy directly from Chris Reeve. I like knowing
that that certain knife was made for me....makes me feel special:rolleyes:

Anyways, is there a wait time when ordering directley form CRK? Do you have
to pay all upfront? I still need to gather some money so if theirs a wait time I
could have time to get funds while my order is already placed. Unless they
need funds upfront.
Thanks in advance for any replys. I really am looking forward to holding a
peice of art in my hands soon.

Couple of weeks if that and cash yes you pay first. If you order during holiday times it may be a bit longer. As they like to spend time with their familys as well.

for me the wait was 3 weeks. the price was the same as the dealers, and they charged my cc when it shipped. very nice.

I have ordered a few directly from CRK. My preceded way of buying my knives. I paid in full once the knife was complete and the wait time varies pending on what you order. For what you want it shouldn't take long. Maybe 2-4 weeks.

Earlier this year I ordered a Mnandi, LH, box elder direct from CRK. Much to my surprise I didn't need to pay anything upfront. I got a call when the knife was ready.

Later,
IamHeckboy

I've been trading emails with them about a potential order, you pay when it ships.

your best bet is to call or email them. Things change, and their wait list is only INCREASING.

What everybody above said :)

When I ordered my first Umnumzaan (before I knew about the opening and closing techniques and sold it) I bought it direct from CRK and had a 2 week wait time. I was charged when it shipped and had it in hand about 2-3 days later in a UPS box.

They have always charged me (CC) when shipped. For best estimate on wait time, call Heather. She has been spot on (exception is damascus, just great service and a 6-18mo wait), call her, one plain/dmascus I rec'd was shipped immediatly, as someone had just cancelled!

Mike B.

I just spoke with Jesse at CRK. She said that all knives are currently on at least a 3 month backorder.

I just spoke with Jesse at CRK. She said that all knives are currently on at least a 3 month backorder.

Riiight, with the wait only increasing for stuff like Damascus, I was told approx 12 months for order placed now and 6 for unique design.

Just my first post here after being a longtime lurker via youtube as well to mention. *fingers crossed* Perhaps Ill have a chance to pick up one I like thats already around.

Not sure about the payment but would make sense that once its ready to ship they would then charge the customer.

Back