Buying direct vs through a dealer

Hello,
I'm new to CR knives and see how one may be up with multiple knives. These knives are simply great! I was fortunate to stumble across my 'perfect' knife in the Exchange- a small Micarta Insingo left handed with double thumb lugs. I'm now convinced that I would like the matching big brother. That said, from a fairly extensive review of great vendors I'm pretty confident that my next knife is not sitting on a shelf for sale anywhere. This leads me to my question- do you prefer to work with an authorized dealer to get your perfect CRK or do you go direct? Pricing does not seem to change either way, so what influences your decision?
Thank you in advance for helping out a CRK newbie.
Best regards,
Bruce

I'm a lefty too and I only deal with CRK directly. There isn't much of a market for left hand knives. It may take some time but they will fix you up. I'm waiting for a large left hand carbon fiber 21.

I prefer to watch the Exchange, unless I want something specific. I've got close to a dozen lefty CRK's, including a couple that I'd never find at a dealer or be able to order anymore.

For a wood inlay, mammoth, ug or one with damascus blade I prefer to go through a dealer or the exchange since you can see what you are getting. For a plain, carbon fiber, ccg or micarta it would not matter since there is minimal difference from one to another.

I have an ivory that I would love to have CRK add a damascus blade to. I worry that I would spend the money, wait the 6-9 months, and then not like the damascus pattern and/or contrast. So, for now, I will hold off on doing anything.

I'm trying to get a 25 right now and no one had stock. Is it quicker to get it from CRK directly? Or what do you all recommend?

I'm trying to get a 25 right now and no one had stock. Is it quicker to get it from CRK directly? Or what do you all recommend?

It seems to vary. For example, when the 25 first came out, a few individuals received one, but there was also a batch of 30 or so that was reserved for specific dealers.

I looked for a new lefty Minandi for months, finally broke down and ordered one direct....five months delivery.

Back