Buying my 2nd CRK...tell me what to do please...

When I first joined this great CRK Forum Family I noticed a post by someone who I feel pretty much said it all. "The Small Sebenza is the only knife you'll ever need. The Large Sebenza is the biggest knife you'll ever want." I've always liked that. :D

Tear...I decided on a large I think. Going with an Insingo for my first. If I can find a newer/used. I have so many sub or 3 inch blades. Recently had the 0560 that I sold. It felt great. Just a little too tactical for me. Realized it's time for a CRK. Always wanted a small Insingo. The 0560 talked me into a large. Funny...how ....that.....works. :barf:

You will love your Large Sebenza. There is no wrong choice and it is totally a matter of personal preference.
I am working on yet a fourth Large Sebenza for myself, this one with inlays.

How many is enough??
"Just one more........" :D

"Just one more........" :D

I tell myself that everytime....don't we all? My son asks me the same thing. "I thought you were done daddy." Haha....He should mind his p's and q's. He gets to keep all of them down the road. He has a little collection at age 6. Shhhh:eek:. He's already picking out which ones at certain ages that he wants to carry. OOPS

I tell myself that everytime....don't we all? My son asks me the same thing. "I thought you were done daddy." Haha....He should mind his p's and q's. He gets to keep all of them down the road. He has a little collection at age 6. Shhhh:eek:. He's already picking out which ones at certain ages that he wants to carry. OOPS

Haha that's awesome! My boy is two. He says "Daddy's knives, don't touch!" He's a keeper. I've already got his first knife picked out for him. SAK in mammoth ivory :)

lol. "Just one more......" and "Why not??" have gotten me a lot of great knives over the years. Works every time!! :p

I got him his first big boy knife a few months ago. Spyderco Ambitious. Perfect. He's had my old keychain SAK forever. Uses the scissors a lot. Likes my blue mini grip. Drools over my GEC EO Jack. haha Should have seen him holding my 0560. I let him open all of them while sitting. He said when he first held my Native 5. "Feels good in hand, nice looking, good size, I like the blade shape, perfect for me." Hilarious. They pick up so much. Watches youtube reviews with me.

Kid knows what he likes already, and what to look for! Congrats on having yourself a little knife nut buddy!

Im not "allowed" to give him his first knife till he's about 8(wth?). I figure a SAK would be a good start, then when he's old enough to REALLY get it, I've got a Bob Dozier folding Hunter in stag with a really top notch handmade leather pouch waiting for him. Wish me luck!:)

i like the starbenza but think the large is too large for edc..... i have seen a few eyes open whenever i use any pocket knife other than a swiss army knife

Get the small sebbie to complement the umnum.. The large sebbie is just too similar in size to the umnum..

Adopt me. ha.....ill send her pics of my son with his knife. She'll change her mind.

One kiddo is enough for this daddy. I love him to death, but kids aren't cheap and neither is my knife "habit".

I've done everything short of begging, eight is the age I get to pass on this knife addiction to the boy:)

Sorry for the phone camera...and yes the lanyard came off in the first 5 min.

IMAG1393.jpg

Back