Buzzard - US-Inspired multitool EDC Neck Knife

My name is José, many of you already know me as a folding knife artisan from Spain. I have been posting my folders for a some time in BF and I have the honor of counting many of you as my friends.

Today I am posting something unusual, I am here to try to get a bit of help for my close friends from Hydra Knives, in fact, the company has been funded by my son and they are fighting hard to earn a piece of the cake. They are a new Spanish cutlery brand trying to launch their products to the market, however, starting a new business is never an easy thing so they are lacking of enough funding.

They decided to start their brand showing the world their new knife, an U.S-Inspired multitool EDC neck knife. It is available on Kickstarter and it would be amazing if you could lend me a hand here and share their work.

I know this knife might not be of everyone taste, I trully do, I better than anyone (I make replicas of Spanish folding knives from XIX centuary) know that, anyway please, just give it a try.

The most exposure they can get the best, and if you like the knife you can support their project as well on Kickstarter. They sent this knife out for testing to already 30 testers worldwide (some of you pretty famous YouTubers and other stuff for modern people I don't know about haha)

I wouldn’t ask you all guys if this wasn’t important to me, thanks a lot for your big love, and I will come soon with more of my folding knives :)

Thanks a lot in advance you all, have an amazing weekend!

José

P.S: For those who don't know me yet you can visit my webpage as well or my threads (and related threads) on BF :).

77b7354943077c50b691b30a25a00f01_original.gif

360c5a990aaa7fe70c2eb98fd1b5f86f_original.gif

6e966e474ba007130814d62b3f94f386_original.jpg

89f11a545b75e7e845e6d9ea2a8eec79_original.jpg

785caf4cb1579df6a32b7da1d4730b36_original.jpg

52e7d059f3c189cd08760d6187dfdea4_original.gif

My name is José, many of you already know me as a folding knife artisan from Spain. I have been posting my folders for a some time in BF and I have the honor of counting many of you as my friends.

Today I am posting something unusual, I am here to try to get a bit of help for my close friends from Hydra Knives, in fact, the company has been funded by my son and they are fighting hard to earn a piece of the cake. They are a new Spanish cutlery brand trying to launch their products to the market, however, starting a new business is never an easy thing so they are lacking of enough funding.

They decided to start their brand showing the world their new knife, an U.S-Inspired multitool EDC neck knife. It is available on Kickstarter and it would be amazing if you could lend me a hand here and share their work.

I know this knife might not be of everyone taste, I trully do, I better than anyone (I make replicas of Spanish folding knives from XIX centuary) know that, anyway please, just give it a try.

The most exposure they can get the best, and if you like the knife you can support their project as well on Kickstarter. They sent this knife out for testing to already 30 testers worldwide (some of you pretty famous YouTubers and other stuff for modern people I don't know about haha)

I wouldn’t ask you all guys if this wasn’t important to me, thanks a lot for your big love, and I will come soon with more of my folding knives :)

Thanks a lot in advance you all, have an amazing weekend!

José

P.S: For those who don't know me yet you can visit my webpage as well or my threads (and related threads) on BF :).

77b7354943077c50b691b30a25a00f01_original.gif

360c5a990aaa7fe70c2eb98fd1b5f86f_original.gif

6e966e474ba007130814d62b3f94f386_original.jpg

89f11a545b75e7e845e6d9ea2a8eec79_original.jpg

785caf4cb1579df6a32b7da1d4730b36_original.jpg

52e7d059f3c189cd08760d6187dfdea4_original.gif

2 questions?

What is the blade steel

How long is the blade and the knife overall?

2 questions?

What is the blade steel

How long is the blade and the knife overall?

Here you go Lapedog Lapedog

Ray

BUZZARD TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS:

• Overall lenght: 17 cm (6,69")
  • Blade lenght: 8, cm (3,35")
  • Edge lenght: 7,5 cm (2,95")
  • Handle lenght: 8,5 cm (3,35")
  • Steel width: 5 mm (0,19")
1. Firesteel nick: Feel like a dragon and make a fire quick using the nick located on the upper side of the spine, by the end of the blade. This spot has not been grinded to ease the use of a fire steel or a fire rod.

2. Thumb serrations on the blade helps while cutting with more precision and safely using Buzzard.

3. Thumb serrations on the blade secures the grip, especially when carrying it or using the safety ring. It also helps users with screwing or unscrewing with both tools.

4. The safety ring is meant to secure a firm grip, It also eases the extraction. It can be used to smash things (like a glass in case of emergency or a coconut) and make possible to hold Buzzard with your whole hand while projecting more strength.

5. Wrench: Buzzard has been designed to be used on both, wild or urban environments for every user, I personally use it to screw and unscrew my bike wheels when they have loosen up. (For more instructions please read the section about using buzzard with the sheath)

6. Bit key hole: Your personal screwdriver, just replace one bit key for another and you will have your own personal screwdriver. We have included a Phillips® head, but you can replace it for a Torx®, Cross-head®, etc.

7. Seax point: We took the inspiration for our point from the Buzzard’s beak. To resemblance the birds of prey, we decided to make Buzzard with a seax point. It gives Buzzard this tactical overall shape as it helps the user with precise cutting.

Thanks everyone guys for your support! as you know this knife is not mine but my son's knife (I am not too fan of knives and you know it doesn't suit my style), but it is a great knife indeed.

Thanks RayseM RayseM and Pinemoon Pinemoon for lending me a hand with answers, sometimes it is difficult to be up-to-date with commentaries!

José

Congratulations on a successful campaign. Three times funded (320%)!
That's great. :thumbsup::thumbsup:
Like Ray said, Hydra should register here as a maker and sell here.

Thanks a lot Pinemoon Pinemoon , btw, have I told you I love your signature? :D

Really cool tool! What is the price?

It was a kickstarter project, it could be found here: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/hydraknives/buzzard-usa-inspired-everyday-carry-multitool-neck

The project is just over, I think it was 60 € the basic version or 75 € the full version, the shipping to the US was 5€ I think. You can find plenty of information just searching "hydra buzzard" in youtube since they sent it to more than 30 youtubers worldwide. If you want one you should reach my son on Kickstarter, just write him a message since they haven't started with the production yet and they may be able to save one for you.

Thanks a lot guys! I will leave this thread for now and focus in my thing: classic and artisanal folding knives from Albacete :D

Back