Ca. legal Espada XL

DESCRIPTION
The California Legal Cold Steel Espada XL (AKA Espadita XL) is an ultra-limited, ultra-custom, ultra-compact-where-it-counts knife with a modified clip point blade courtesy of Andrew Demko. Knife critics are calling it, "the best thing since sliced bread" or in Cold Steel's case... "sliced pig." The Cali Legal Espada XL offers a blade measuring just under 4 inches, paired with a full-size handle for comfortable three-handed use. It just makes sense.

Features:
  • 9.25" handle disappears in the pocket for convenient and discreet everyday carry.
  • Unique blade/handle ratio for anyone who prefers a smaller blade but likes to keep all hands on deck.
  • Abbreviated steel liners and Cold Steel's incomparable Tri-Ad Lock.

I'm not one for April Fool's pranks, but this was hilarious! Nicely done, Blade HQ!

-Steve

there is no restriction on blade length in Cali, only require fixed blade to be worn in the open and I happened to run into the first person in my 25 years or living here who was openly carrying a browning brand of the Sharp Finger in a nylon pouch at a gas station

there is no restriction on blade length in Cali, only require fixed blade to be worn in the open and I happened to run into the first person in my 25 years or living here who was openly carrying a browning brand of the Sharp Finger in a nylon pouch at a gas station

You are correct, no restriction on fixed blade length but must be worn in a sheath on your belt in plain sight. Folders no length restriction but must worn in the pocket not in the open. The caveat here is that California cities and counties can enact stricter rules or go with the California one. Los Angeles is especially draconian on knives so you must be cognizant of the rules anywhere you travel. Luckily they go by standard Ca Rules here, so I carry/wear XL's, Magnum Tanto's etc. when I want.

:) In a locale that restricts blade length and not OAL , something like this might actually make some sense for SD . A crazy solution for insane laws . o_O

:eek: Edit : Changed my mind about making sense when I noticed the $400 price tag !:thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

Last edited:
I have a feeling there is only one of these. Collectible?

Back