Ca. legal Espada XL

Discussion in 'Cold Steel Knives' started by hermit dave, Apr 1, 2018.

1. hermit dave

hermit dave

Jul 19, 2011

SeVeNA7, G. Scott H., DocJD and 5 others like this.
  2. AF

AF Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 14, 2000
    LOL!
    Best April Fools knife joke I've seen thus far.

mdrgn79 likes this.
  3. SharpieB

SharpieB

Oct 31, 2017
    That’s pretty funny.

4. ragnerok

ragnerok

Oct 25, 2008
    You still got some reach on this one...:confused:

DocJD likes this.
  5. jbmonkey

jbmonkey Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jun 9, 2011
    saw that and actually fell for it for a minute. anything cali could be true when it comes to ridiculous and over the top.

6. Man with no name

Man with no name

Jun 24, 2015
    DESCRIPTION
    The California Legal Cold Steel Espada XL (AKA Espadita XL) is an ultra-limited, ultra-custom, ultra-compact-where-it-counts knife with a modified clip point blade courtesy of Andrew Demko. Knife critics are calling it, "the best thing since sliced bread" or in Cold Steel's case... "sliced pig." The Cali Legal Espada XL offers a blade measuring just under 4 inches, paired with a full-size handle for comfortable three-handed use. It just makes sense.

Features:
    • 9.25" handle disappears in the pocket for convenient and discreet everyday carry.
    • Unique blade/handle ratio for anyone who prefers a smaller blade but likes to keep all hands on deck.
    • Abbreviated steel liners and Cold Steel's incomparable Tri-Ad Lock.

7. The Whip

The Whip

Jan 28, 2007
    I'm not one for April Fool's pranks, but this was hilarious! Nicely done, Blade HQ!

-Steve

8. Smoke

Smoke Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 14, 1998
    Just call it the CLEX. :)

9. hermit dave

hermit dave

Jul 19, 2011
    Wow, they're actually selling it!

10. Ganzofan

Ganzofan Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 5, 2016
    there is no restriction on blade length in Cali, only require fixed blade to be worn in the open and I happened to run into the first person in my 25 years or living here who was openly carrying a browning brand of the Sharp Finger in a nylon pouch at a gas station

11. nephron

nephron Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 3, 2017
    You are correct, no restriction on fixed blade length but must be worn in a sheath on your belt in plain sight. Folders no length restriction but must worn in the pocket not in the open. The caveat here is that California cities and counties can enact stricter rules or go with the California one. Los Angeles is especially draconian on knives so you must be cognizant of the rules anywhere you travel. Luckily they go by standard Ca Rules here, so I carry/wear XL's, Magnum Tanto's etc. when I want.

12. mongomondo

mongomondo SUPPRESSING FIRE Gold Member

Sep 17, 2006
    They actually point that out in the video. It's part of the joke.

13. DocJD

DocJD

Jan 29, 2016
    :) In a locale that restricts blade length and not OAL , something like this might actually make some sense for SD . A crazy solution for insane laws . o_O

:eek: Edit : Changed my mind about making sense when I noticed the $400 price tag !:thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

Last edited: Apr 6, 2018
  14. ScooterG

ScooterG You mean Ireland? Yeah, it’s mine. Platinum Member

Mar 15, 2016
    I have a feeling there is only one of these. Collectible?