Cabinet Display

I thought the members may enjoy seeing this. I have a small collection of Camillus knives, around 40. I have been watching for a few years for a display to house them. About a year ago on Ebay I found this cabinet. Funny thing is... when I got it, on the backside of the display panel was hand written "Jordan Hardware, display # 1". I grew up in the area around Camillus, and Jordan is a small hamlet not far from Camillus.

The cabinet was weathered and pretty rough. I found a local guy here in Florida to pull it apart and rebuild it. We didn't go for a like new refurb. We didn't want to extract the character. Best I can tell, these were put out to the market around 1946. Now I have it displayed in my home. The back is filled with the rest of the collection. There are three shelves on the inside, a door in the back with a lock. The front is a bent plastic (?) insert.

387984_300508106648446_120666164632642_994776_290855310_n.jpg

380141_300508083315115_120666164632642_994775_910574253_n.jpg

Last edited:
That looks great. The best way to display is one of the old hardware store displays. Looks like it is real wood and the rebuild is great!

Thanks Phil.

Yes, it is wood. White oak, we think.
The hardest part was the repainting of the logo. The guy took his time, and then weathered it a bit so it didn't look too new.

For the time period I am sure the plastic is Plexiglass. It can be heated and bent.

Jim, that is one great job you guys did on that display! Maybe run a search on eBay - I see they have two or three old display cases on display at the moment - maybe you can display another part of your collection in one of those!

The collectors cabinet list are specially designed for the Home Collector.It is most popular with private collectors as well as jewellery shops.The Collectors cabinet, as the name suggests has been designed for the collector of all types of memorabilia and is ideal for the home.

Whey your knife collection to setup in display cabinet,many brand available to manufacturing for knife display cabinet. A very good system for displaying knives would allow them displayed as well as taken down and handled

IMG_20120628_220030.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_20120628_220047-1.jpg
[/IMG]
Just picked up this display case today. Probably not a great idea. Now I'll be on a mission to fill it with all of the correct knives. Might be fun though.

Nice display, Clutchcarter! Looks to be in good shape. Keep us posted on your progress filling it up. With the dots still on it it should be easy to know what knife goes where. How about a picture of the paper inside of the case, please?

IMG_20120629_204250.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_20120629_205600.jpg
[/IMG]
Here's the decal and a picture of my one and only lonely camillus, it's a number 21. Only 17 more to go to fill up the display!

Nice picture of the inside paper. Is there any date on the paper? Nice to have the dots with the model number and price at that time. Good to see you have started filling it up.

1961 if you go by the dates on the paper. 1876 + 85 = 1961 Wow that is great!!!

Sorry Jim Clark, didn't mean to have this thread hijacked:eek:. But isn't it great how much information can be found on our great hobby! Thanks for all the help everyone!

BTW.....That is a very classy display!!!!!!

Last edited:
clutch, it is all in the same theme about displays. A lot of information is shared and we all learn about our hobby.

IMG_20120628_220030.jpg
[/IMG]

Just picked up this display case today. Probably not a great idea. Now I'll be on a mission to fill it with all of the correct knives. Might be fun though.

I picked up one of those cases a while back. Mine didn't have the knife display labels to tell me what was in it, but it is nice way to display a variety of military knives from Camillus.

CamillusCase1_800.JPG

Back