Cabochon Inlay

I just acquired a sm. lefty Sebenza recently. It is now my only EDC. It is that impressive, but I guess you guys here know that.

I was thinking about purchasing a Cabochon inlay that Chris has on his site. Does anyone here have a Cabochon inlay on his or her Sebenza? How do you like it? How does it hold up in your pocket? Does the price include installation?

I have hunted around but can't lay my hands on a picture of one our cabochon inlay knives. I know there are two shown in Jim Weyer's Points of Interest V but that is copyrighted and I don't want to reproduce the pages! If can find a picture, I will post it but in the meanwhile, here is a description!

The cabochon inlay knives are all unique decorateds - the front face is polished and a one-of-a-kind graphic is machined. The locating hole at the end of the handle is enlarged, and, depending on the design, one or two layers of chamfer (or "steps down") are machined. These are colored to offset the chosen cabochon. The cabochon in epoxied into the hole and we have never had an occurrence of it coming out.

The prices listed are for a completed knife. There is a "base price" which is for a mother of pearl cabochon and then an "up charge" for amber, star sapphire, iolite, etc as listed shown. The cabochons make a spectacular addition to a uniqe knife!

I hope this helps - feel free to contact us direct to discuss this further!

Anne

[This message has been edited by Chris Reeve Knives (edited 02-15-2001).]

joe25, the small plain Left Handed Sebenza is my EDC too.

You may want to consider the small wood inlay; the wood is raised and looks and feels great.

View

------------------
Rick Gray - Left Handers Unite

Thanks for the Reponses folks. e mail coming your way Anne. Very nice chose in a EDC Rick.

Back