Calvary Sebenza questions

I will be purchasing a large, plain Sebenza sometime this week or the next and wanted to make it something special and somewhat unique for myself. I've seen some Calvary Sebenzas (both the colored version and the silver version) and am very impressed. Depending on how much it'll cost, I'm pretty sure that's the design that I'd want on my Sebenza. Here are the questions that I have before making a decision in the future:
  • How much do both, the colored and silver, versions cost?
  • How long is the turn around time?
  • Will the colored version's anodizing fade away over time?
  • Will the silver version start to tarnish after a while?
If there's anything else that I missed, please let me know. Thanks in advance for any help you guys can give and happy holidays!

-Randy

Randy,

While TallPaul is the definitive source for Calvary Sebenza questions, I can tell you that the anodizing does not fade. It will get muddy looking after lots of fingering, but just wipe it down with Windex every so often and it's good as new. I assume that the turnaround time would probably the same as any other unique Sebenza timing (maybe a little less since they already have the design details all worked out with Paul). I wouldn't think the silver version would tarnish, since I believe it's just cut into the titanium scales (?). Hope that helps.

BTW, you'll love the knife with this design! :)

- Mark

If you are concerned about the finish, you might want to get a Chris Reeve pocket pouch to carry your Sebenza. I talked to Tallpaul recently about the Calvary and he is a first class person. I feel sure he would answer any questions you might have. He certainly made me feel comfortable about the finish and longevity of the knife.

The knife is definitely a one of a kind item and you won't see many other people with one like it. If I ever do meet someone else with the same knife design, I am sure I would have a good time talking to them.

Back