Calypso Jr. question

I new that Spyderco had dicontinued the full size Calypso. Have they also discontinued the Jr. in Macarta? Thanks to all replies! RKBA!

Alan2112,

Yes, unfortunately both of the Micarta Calypso's have been discontinued. There are however, still some around. My local shop has a couple and on the net I've seen them listed a few places. They are simply gorgeous knives. I'm very glad that I got mine.

Jeff/1911.

Have you-all noticed the thread on the general forum about discontinued knives? The large Calypso was mentioned quite a number of times.

While I realize that the # of people posting that, or many others such notions is actually a very small number, not enough to make a large manufacturer blink, it sure is interesting that so soon after a discontinuation -- which I wonder how many people voted for -- that so many are lamenting its passing. I could have gotten one here recently, but would have had to forego another knife I've wanted for 2 years or more, so didn't do it. I sure hope I can find a good second hand one, or a dealer who's got a couple at a decent price.

------------------
Asi es la vida

Bugs

Guess what, I put my order in for a macarta Calypso Jr., before they're all gone. I predict it will be my new favorite!

frown.gif
BOTH? DOH!

------------------
Wayne.
"To strive to seek to find and not to yield"
Tennyson
Ranger motto

A few useful details on UK laws and some nice reviews!
http://members.aol.com/knivesuk/
Certified steel snob!

Alan2112,

You're gonna flip when you get your Jr. in Micarta. One of the nicest Spydercos ever made IMO. The day I bought mine I was at the shop not really knowing what the heck I wanted, but as soon as I picked up the Micarta Calypso Jr. I was like - "This is the one." It has pretty much been my EDC for a year and a half or so, but I'm thinking about cleaning, polishing and retiring it before it gets totally "used looking." I guess I'll have to get a VG-10 Zytel model since I think the size, grind and blade shape are pretty much perfect for most daily chores. Enjoy!

Paul.

Back