• Folks, you need to make sure your profile email address is kept current. If you do not have a paid subscription, and get locked out of your account because you no longer have access to your listed email address? There is nothing we can do for you.

This is especially important now that we've instituted password compromise security - if your password is compromised elsewhere, you will be sent a verification email on your next login. If you don't have access to that email? Your account gets locked.

Help us help you, PLEASE.

Calypso question

I have owned several spydercos before but this is my first Calypso. And it is my first knife made of VG-10. Is this steel rust resistant. I noticed it had about the same make up as ATS-34. Will VG-10 rust? Other than that I just wanted to say I love the knife.

------------------
If I'm goin down, I'm takin you all with me!

Ryu:

Sal Glesser has reported the following:

Our "Laboratory tests" (CATRA) indicate that VG-10 (properly heat treated) got 32% sharper than ATS-34. Edge retention; VG-10 stays sharper longer by 29% VG-10 after 6 hour "Q" fog was superior to ATS-34 in corrosion resistance by 22% and after 72 hours, by 3 times.

So the answer is yes, VG-10 will rust. Not very fast, but you'll have to take some precautions if you anticipate extended contact with moisture.

David Rock

------------------
AKTI Member # A000846
Stop when you get to bone.

[This message has been edited by David Rock (edited 03-23-2000).]