Came to my senses

I traded several nice knives for a small micarta Sebenza with serrated edge a couple years ago. I loved it. It was perfect except for the serrations, I don't like serrations. Anyways I edc'd it for about 2 years. Then all of a sudden I got an itch to try a Strider SNG a few weeks ago, and the serrations always bugged me. I don't have the extra money to just buy one so I traded my small micarta sebbie with a great guy on here for a Strider SNG.

The SNG was great. I really liked it. The thing just oozed toughness. But something was missing. I couldn't quite put my finger on it. Well I carried for a couple weeks and played with it a ton and enjoyed, but something kept nagging me.

I realized I just couldn't get over the attention to detail on CRK knives. Nothing against the Strider, it really was a great knife, but damn the CRK's fit and finish are perfect in every way. So i sold the SNG and just ordered an Umnumzaan from knivesshipfree.

I can't tell you how excited I am to have the CRK feel and perfect attention to details back. I hope to get another Strider someday, but I will never trade another CRK for one. I came to my senses.

Huh. I've been trying to make the decision - umnumzaan or sng.

leaning towards the Umnumzaan, but they're sparse in the b/s/t recently.

Huh. I've been trying to make the decision - umnumzaan or sng.

leaning towards the Umnumzaan, but they're sparse in the b/s/t recently.

I have had a couple SNG's and have a Umnumzaan. The Umnumzaan blows them away in Every Aspect. In fact, I traded my last SNG for a used Umnumzaan. In my experience, a Used Umnumzaan is way better than a New SNG...........Hang in there, you can get Umnumzaans pretty readily for about $325 here on the forums. Just be patient.

I have both and they're both pretty great. If you can keep em both, that's awesome. If i had to choose only 1, it would definitely be my Umnum!

The Zaan is on my list as well. I am keeping some money tucked away if I ever find my grail sebenza "stars and stripes" one. The zaan looks like it would be a workhorse!

Back