1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

Camillus Babe Ruth Knife

Discussion in 'Camillus Collector's Forum' started by Freeloader69, Jul 10, 2001.

1. Freeloader69

Freeloader69

Jul 10, 2001
    I have a Camillus Babe Ruth Signature Knife and would like more information about this knife like when they were produced and the value of this knife. Thank you.

2. CAMCO

CAMCO Moderator Moderator

Dec 29, 1999
    Camillus manufactured the Babe Ruth knives during the 1930's. The large single blade model with the woodgrain handles originally sold
    for $1.00. I have the original records for these knives. If you would
    like copies, without charge, just e-mail me your postal mailing address.
    Tom Williams
    Camillus Cutlery Co.

3. fdickey

fdickey

Feb 16, 2013
    Hello Tom, just purchased this same knife off ebay and if you still have documentation I would be very grateful to acquire copies.
    thanks,
    Frank Dickey

4. metalhead357

metalhead357

Sep 2, 2012
    Holy thread revival Batman!

5. Vit_213

Vit_213

Feb 4, 2011
    Photo please :)

6. fdickey

fdickey

Feb 16, 2013
    thought i would try again, just bought a Hack Wilson knife made at the Camillus Cutlery to go with my Babe Ruth knife. Yes, almost 3 years since last post. That's how long it took to get Hack Wilson Knife. 2 very nice knives and I am very happy to have them. I drive by the old site of the Camillus Cutlery every day going to work, always brings a smile to my face knowing the great history that is behind the two knives I own.
    Here is link to my flicr page image:
    https:[email protected]/23639933126/in/dateposted/

7. lrv

lrv

Sep 14, 2003
    Frank, did tom ever send you the info on the Babe and Hack knives?

8. fdickey

fdickey

Feb 16, 2013
    Irv, I found a pdf showing model id's from each Hack Wilson knife (9055F) and Babe Ruth knife (9056F). Is that what you meant? All good really, I just like these knives. Started out I wanted to buy a knife to have after the old factory burned down, just a small $15-20 pocket knife I could use for fishing. Found the Ruth knife and had to have it as I collect sportswriting books and memorabilia from baseball. Almost all of the items I collect are pre 60's, and I am so addicted. Found out there is a 3rd Camillus baseball bat shaped knife with a small Official League Baseball logo on it. I have seen it on this forum and now search begins :)

9. fdickey

fdickey

Feb 16, 2013