Camillus Barlow

I just lost a gorgeous knife on the auction site. It was Camillus New York. A barlow. listed as 3 3/4" inclosed, bakelite, with a sheepsfoot blade. The listing was for "utility knife", but I'm not sure that wopuld be the title to look under.

My questions:

--what name should I use to search for this?

--anyone know anything about this or have a picture?

--besides the usual sites, any other place I should be checking?

If this is the knife (item number: 390436639859), you could ask the seller. He is a former Camillus employee.

I know this is an old thread but I just picked up a Camco 551 Barlow off the bay and needed a place to post a picture for all to see. The knife is in unused condition. Any idea of the age? Or should I look at Larry's site and find out for myself.

DSC_0032_zpsb954a8b4.jpg

Camillus made two sizes of the Barlow knife. The standard Barlow knife (#5541 pattern) measured 3 3/8" closed and was stamped with the model numbers #10 and #11 TipTop and #51. A CAMCO version was also offered as model #551. The Daddy Barlow
(#599 pattern) was 5" closed and was stamped model #9.
If you search "Camillus Barlow knife" on Ebay several knives are usually listed.
Camillus also made the standard Barlow knife for other customers including: Montgomery-Wards, Sears-Roebuck, Lipic, Western, Robeson, New Britian and KA-BAR.
Tom Williams

I have a Camillus Daddy Barlow. But, it doesn't have the 9 stamped on it. It's a very nice knife. But, I'm wondering why it wouldn't have the 9 stamped on it.

I got 2 Camco Barlows one it nice tight and the other got a weak spring on the big blade.

I didn't know Camillus made Barlows for Robeson! Does anyone have one? Maybe a picture?

Apologies for resurrecting this old thread. Just want to get more info about this Barlow that I just bought yesterday. Built like a tank! Was this made in the 90s?

XgmFIJp.jpg

cMPAeKJ.jpg

Camillus made two sizes of the Barlow knife. The standard Barlow knife (#5541 pattern) measured 3 3/8" closed and was stamped with the model numbers #10 and #11 TipTop and #51. A CAMCO version was also offered as model #551. The Daddy Barlow
(#599 pattern) was 5" closed and was stamped model #9.
If you search "Camillus Barlow knife" on Ebay several knives are usually listed.
Camillus also made the standard Barlow knife for other customers including: Montgomery-Wards, Sears-Roebuck, Lipic, Western, Robeson, New Britian and KA-BAR.
Tom Williams

They actually made three different sizes.

The #10 and #11 are 3 1/2" and are beefier than the #50 and #51

20171207_091419 by SteveC, on Flickr

20171207_091435 by SteveC, on Flickr

20171207_091237 by SteveC, on Flickr

20171207_091212 by SteveC, on Flickr

20171207_091259 by SteveC, on Flickr

Back